1894 Group Banner

Nice one 1894. Think the banner looks good.

I reckon a lot of fans across Europe will be happy to see that more English fans are giving it a go with these kinds of displays, especially ones aimed at UEFA.

The artwork.

Being laid out on the the floor does not do the banner justice.

I will post all the other pictures later on.

Click to enlarge.

fullsizeoutput-54d.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, it addresses all the main points so I don’t get this “too much going on” angle. I think part of the problem is that it wasn’t able to be unveiled at the match which would’ve had far more effect and gone down a treat with the message being conveyed better, plus emotions towards UEFA were running a lot higher back then, but in the meantime with all that’s gone on with Covid-19, the appetite for football has waned with a lot of fans, and the impact is reduced as a result. I include myself in that and I’m someone who was involved in helping out with this. I’ve far more enthusiasm about helping getting the display out than football itself at the moment and I reckon it’ll be a long time before I get that appetite for football back.

I think people are saying there's "too much going on" because they've only seen a 15 second clip where you have to pause at the right moment to be able to read and see everything on the banner. If it had been hung from tier 2 like people are saying, there'd have been plenty of time to take it in.

Would have preffered a variation on pigs in a trough , the banner sends a very polite message which was probably neccesary to gleen any media coverage , no doubt there will be plenty of Rags & Dippers ready to take the piss , and UEFA will not give one f*ck.

The message is clear!

Unfortunately the puddles under the banner came through under the UEFA badge. Made it look dirty and crumpled. It isn't.

fullsizeoutput-54c.jpg

Legia Warsaw display having a go at UEFA for fining the club - is that not victimisation? In these circumstances, what would be the point of a display that didn’t focus on all the shit thrown at us down the years? Wasn’t that the whole point of this?

Look - City aren’t liked by fans of loads of clubs due to the money, so whatever slant the display had taken would’ve seen bitter opposition fans pile in. On the one hand, they’re happy to call UEFA out for the corrupt twats they are but on the other they’re happy to blow smoke up UEFA’s arse for punishing the club without even bothering to do any research. That’s why Legia Warsaw fans get lauded for their anti-UEFA displays and City fans don’t.

I think the difference between the two is, the legia Warsaw one puts emphasis on UEFA being greedy pigs, their imposed fine is more of a afterthought that you don’t notice immediately. whereas with this one, the eye is drawn immediately to “stop Man City”and the rest is only noticed afterwards. the general idea is similar, the idea of them being muppets is solid too it’s just the details that draw focus in and away and change the message.

Would have preffered a variation on pigs in a trough , the banner sends a very polite message which was probably neccesary to gleen any media coverage , no doubt there will be plenty of Rags & Dippers ready to take the piss , and UEFA will not give one f*ck.

They would have done inside the stadium. Club fine.

Perhaps not now.

But they will take notice of it.

UEFA always do, regardless of the club and their fans.

UEFA don't like any criticism whatsoever.

I think the difference between the two is, the legia Warsaw one puts emphasis on UEFA being greedy pigs, their imposed fine is more of a afterthought that you don’t notice immediately. whereas with this one, the eye is drawn immediately to “stop Man City”and the rest is only noticed afterwards. the general idea is similar, the idea of them being muppets is solid too it’s just the details that draw focus in and away and change the message.

The difference being, Legia are fighting UEFA. We are fighting UEFA, the cartel clubs, and individuals. Hence the different characters on the banner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.