1894 Group Banner

I would have put nothing on until it had been in court or resolved
Negative 'blues' like you are like rotting seeds lay dormant in the Sahara waiting for rain. And when it rains you doom and gloomers are quick to pour scorn and derision on something that is trying to flourish.

I repeat, well done 1894 group.

You can please some of the people some of the time. But you can't please whinging ****s any of the time.

fullsizeoutput-54e.jpg

Did anyone ask the club whether they could do this banner ?? Because them bastards from uefa will dig their heels in further.

That might be true, but would it have worked had it dropped from SS2 just as the "anthem" was played before the kick off for the real madrid game.

I suspect the impact would have been great, even it might have been removed quickly by stewards, it would have stayed in the media for days, and uefa might even have helped by fining the club, thereby keeping it going for several weeks.
To be honest I don’t think showing it in Heaton Park or in the stadium makes any difference to the idea not working.

The muppets angle itself just doesn’t work for me. In the UK a “muppet” is a colloquial term for an idiot. But is that really the message we’re trying to convey about UEFA?

Personally I think a stronger message is that UEFA are bent. Self serving. Corrupt. Rats, or pigs, or gangsters, that gets that message across. But muppets?

The other thing is, you want the message to cut through, get right around Europe, even to UEFA themselves. If you call them rats or pigs or whatever, that cuts through in any language. People understand the connotation.

But muppets? Outside of the UK I don’t think anyone will even understand the connotation. And even if it was explained, what’s it saying, that they’re idiots?

I don’t think anyone on a UEFA board thinks they’re an idiot. But if you called them self serving, greedy, corrupt, could they even deny it?

Also the “Stop Man City” thing, it just looks paranoid. And it’s too “on the nose”. Show don’t tell. A better way is to show they’re trying to stop City by putting themselves first.

The pigs in a trough would have done all of those things and cut through. Someone knocked up a design on here in 10 minutes that worked far, far better than the muppet one.

I’m gutted for the lads involved because it’s obviously well intentioned and they did their best.

Please don't use the pictures without asking me first. Thanks.

City fans. All of us. Are sending UEFA and their cartel clubs a message.

Click to enlarge.

fullsizeoutput-543.jpg

fullsizeoutput-544.jpg

fullsizeoutput-547.jpg
I criticised the main banner for its design but really like these ones. Much more simple message and the design has much more impact. Well done to everyone who put the effort in. The 1894 group is doing a great job overall and deserve to be encouraged. Hope you can get these into the ground when we all get back in.

I think people are saying there's "too much going on" because they've only seen a 15 second clip where you have to pause at the right moment to be able to read and see everything on the banner. If it had been hung from tier 2 like people are saying, there'd have been plenty of time to take it in.

Yeah, and I don’t think it helped that the first drone footage that appeared on social media didn’t clearly show what was on it. Even if it did, it’s not the same effect as a drop down from tier 2 inside a packed stadium

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.