Michael Johnson

Fair enough, if you personally saw him there. My point is that over the years since he retired there are numerous posts in this forum where hearsay and rumour have overshadowed facts and complex health issues and anyone looking back on them should read all with an open mind.

yeah last time i seen him in 5th Avenue was the week before derby day. It was the season we signed Robinho.

We went over said hello asked how he was, and asked what is it like having Robinho in the team.

Was very positive of the lad in all fairness, MJ then told us he was going to be in the team the week after for the derby.

I dont think he ended up in the squad

I was in a box at white hart lane when we lost 2-1 ? the two guys in front of me were completely in awe of MJ. they were saying ..who is that ! fuck he is some player, I would love to see him here for us, boy did they rate him.

I think it is a City myth the way he gets talked up. Don’t get me wrong, he was a good young player in a below average Prem side but he would never have displaced Gerrard\Lampard for his country and I believe there was better midfielders than him post takeover from 2010.

Great to hear he is doing well though.

I think it is a City myth the way he gets talked up. Don’t get me wrong, he was a good young player in a below average Prem side but he would never have displaced Gerrard\Lampard for his country and I believe there was better midfielders than him post takeover from 2010.

Great to hear he is doing well though.
He was a great prospect, that is not a myth. His career effectively ended in 2008 at 20 years of age without even completing a full season. How many full England caps had Gerrard/Lampard at 20 years of age after 37 league appearances ?. The fact is that nobody can say for certain whether he would have had 0 or 100 caps because his career didn't last long enough to find out. Colin Bell was 22 before he got his first cap, Lee, 24, Buzzer, 26 not exactly teenage prodigies. On the other hand Jordan Ibe was going to be "better than Sterling" it didn't happen, Messi was "too small" to be a footballer, also wrong. We all have opinions on what "might" have been, sadly none of us can say what "would" have or have not been.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.