UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
City's attitude, as far as I can discern it, is that some regulation of spending, for example a salary cap, is a good thing, provided it is administered correctly.
We wont waste time on a long draw out battle on the legality of ffp.

A money cap is only good if all of Europe have it and it goes of the average bottom 6 clubs in all leagues average earnings if it went of the richest what’s the point. Anyway there is always ways around a salary cap.

"Proceedings under these Procedural Rules are confidential. The parties, the arbitrators and CAS undertake not to disclose to any third party any facts or other information relating to the dispute or the proceedings without the permission of CAS"

Justice not being seen to be done...

just as well journalists don’t have to disclose their sources, UEFA will leak whatever they want and deny it came from them

When Ceferin offered his deal, wasn't that tantamount to caving in?
And why would we send him packing if we were on dodgy ground?
We will fight them on the beaches.......

I can't remember exactly what that offer was, but I sincerely hope we have a record of it, and then submit what was on offer should we "take a pinch", and what that eventually became when we didn't, be interesting to see what UEFA had to say if they were asked by the CAS for an explanation as to why there was such a difference.

The past shows that whenever City fans are in a difficult situation, support for the club grows, not wanes.

City fans maybe tested again. I'm ready. I think and hope Sheikh Mansour is ready too, but most of all I have faith in my fellow City fans. They've never ever let the club down. You should have more faith mate in your fellow City fans.

We might all have our squabbles over politics, corona and all kind of things, but City fans are awkwards sods and aren't going anywhere.
I'm not talking about us blue blooded fans that have supported our club through all the ups and downs...it's about attracting new fans. Our kids will not want to support City because all their friends will be calling them "cheats".
It's already happening now....one of my City mates here in Salford was telling me how he got abuse while wearing his colours from some checkout kid at the supermarket as he was scanning is shopping! Muttering "cheat, cheat cheat" under his breath scanning each item.
That kind of thing WONT deter already established fans...but it WILL put off young kids.

Sorry if I misunderstood but I thought previously you had inferred that the Premier League can’t do anything on this?

The rules for FFP in the Premier League were different during the monitoring period in question but that hasn't stopped the Premier League hiring a legal firm to monitor the CAS verdict.

Ten of our rivals have already revealed their hand with the letter to CAS.

It is ridiculous, isn't it?

So the AP claims such are the levels of secrecy, they don't even know where the case will be tried from remotely, but drops the staggering exclusive it will probably be from London and Switzerland?

And to really push the levels of secrecy over the top, nobody knows the names of the CAS judges involved.

Amazing stuff. Which begs the question, if it is so secret how the fuck do AP know anything concerning the hearing.

Making it up as they go along these twats. I wait with bated breath what the Sundays will reliably inform us tomorrow.

I'm going for an even greater emphasis on City getting away with it, some bullshit last twist to influence the public narrative.

What would be nice to read would an article or two quoting a UEFA source as being increasingly concerned that City will succeed on procedural issues etc. Would certainly suggest UEFA changing the narrative in advance of an expected defeat.

The rules for FFP in the Premier League were different during the monitoring period in question but that hasn't stopped the Premier League hiring a legal firm to monitor the CAS verdict.

Ten of our rivals have already revealed their hand with the letter to CAS.
This is the bit I am uneasy about. Stripping of titles is far more of a catastrophe than a CL ban in my opinion.

What would be nice to read would an article or two quoting a UEFA source as being increasingly concerned that City will succeed on procedural issues etc. Would certainly suggest UEFA changing the narrative in advance of an expected defeat.

I think Marcotti's piece today strikes the perfect balance between an appraisal of the landscape and ramifications, without any assumption of guilt on our part.

That's all we ask.

This is the bit I am uneasy about. Stripping of titles is far more of a catastrophe than a CL ban in my opinion.

Absolutely. Coincidentally, United would get two and Liverpool would get two.

Funny that, eh?

How can anything be dismissed or ruled off the table if it becomes open season on our club.

We have seen the self-interests on show during this whole coronavirus restart debate.

Today's society is very quick to jump on the bandwagon which will serve it best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.