UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes just been on Talkshite talking about it as though hes the font of all knowledge. load of shite I text them and told them that if they wish to report accurately on the subject then they need to talk to a proper expert, ie PrestwichBlue
I know colin has been giving that twat what for on Twitter, as for talkshite, I don't listen to it mate

Chelsea fought CAS a year or two ago, I hope we watched what they did, and adapt our strategy around it. For me, it is encouraging that we have won there before

When you come out with statments like " We have a comprehensive body of irrefutable evedence" those are strong words.
These are not the words of UEFA but from Manchester City!
This fills me with confidence that this ban will be thrown out.

I doubt our owner is in the habit of making himself look like a **** and I very much doubt his most trusted partner Khaldoon will want to bring that shame on him either or himself for that matter.

This is the main reason I believe we will win.

We have a comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence, is a strong sentence to start with and then backed up with professionals that don't lose court cases.

I think we will be fine :)

I bet United fans are shitting it knowing it’s their best way of getting in the CL next season. Pretty embarrassing for them but to be expected considering the joke they are. I’ve heard they’ll lose millions in sponsorship, increase their debt and struggle to bring anyone in. Shame.
B-b-b-b but they're being linked with between 14 and 38 new signings daily (dependant on the toilet paper you read).......

Be interesting to hear your thoughts from a legal perspective on the following:

It seems clear that the Abu Dhabi Executive Council were funding Etihad’s sponsorship of City, as per the Open Skies report.

It seems that Abu Dhabi did not want to admit to that in their dispute with US airlines in their dispute about state funding.

Fast forward to the UEFA investigation based off Football Leaks and the main accusation seems to be ADUG supplied the funds for the Etihad sponsorship. This may well have been a typo and ADEC was the real source of funds.

We hear City did not comply with UEFA’s investigation because things were being leaked by them at every stage.

It seems likely we would not have provided comprehensive proof of ADEC providing the funding to UEFA in case it was leaked and prejudiced the Open Skies case.

I believe that’s why we appealed to CAS halfway through the investigation, because the leaks were prejudicing the case.

In turn, I believe City didn’t co-operate with the UEFA process because they had no faith that the leaks wouldn’t continue.

So assuming all of the above is true, there are a couple of legal questions that will play a huge part in the success or otherwise of our case.

1. If City provide evidence to CAS that ADEC provided the Etihad funding, would that prejudice the Open Skies case?

2. Could City gain any legal guarantees from UEFA that they will not leak evidence from the CAS trial to the press?

3. If UEFA prove that City did not engage properly in the initial investigation, will City’s argument that they had no faith in the process be a legitimate defence?

My concern is, particularly on point 3, that if City deliberately didn’t engage in the process, does that not mean we will be found guilty anyway?

A good example is being convicted of failing a drugs test because you refused to give a sample.
No because City did provide the evidence of innocence and has stated so half a dozen times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.