UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My concern is that CAS (like UEFA) will deem that it isn’t, and they will want specific evidence (ie the full email chain) that shows that the email published by Der Spiegel about how the ADUG shareholder (ie Sheikh Mansour) should best route funds into the club via Etihad, was simply a misunderstanding of process on the sender’s part.
That for me is the crux of the whole matter, namely that we were supplying the money to Etihad to in turn fund the club. Etihad’s fully audited accounts might better serve that purpose than our own
I'm not sure that's true.

Our accounts have been independently audited and show that Etihad paid the sponsorship money in full.

If UEFA have reason to believe that Etihad have not paid that money, then it is for them to prove that.

If all they have is a couple of inconclusive emails and no evidence of a money trail or false accounting, I don't think they have a very robust case at all.

I assume UEFA's case will be that we didn't comply fully with the investigation, which I assume is probably true.

But then I'd assume City's case would be that there was leaks at every turn, so we didn't comply fully because we had no faith in the process.

Yeh that’s my concern mate.

I’m not a lawyer so don’t know the technicalities of that.

If the initial trial was in a legitimate court of law, I don’t think City’s argument that we had no faith in the process would be sufficient explanation for us not to provide evidence.

But seen as UEFA is not a court of law and they clearly were leaking things to the press, and we did try to appeal to CAS on that basis halfway through the process, I don’t know if that gives more legitimacy to our claim.

We’d have to prove that there were leaks and that the entire UEFA process was flawed from the start, which could be a challenge, even for Lord Pannick.

If you read the cas statement, they mention about the city appeal being done because uefa have previous for complaining about appeals done after that stage. Uefa then complained about our appeal and were basically told that they've not made it clear when people are expected to appeal so an appeal that that stage was valid just to make sure Uefa didn't try to get a later appeal kicked out

Fact of the matter is the club are sure of success, remember we brought the case to CAS, not UEFA. Everyone calm, get down to The Winchester and have a cold pint to wait for all this to blow over

I believe the club and the chairman on this.

I also believe that CAS are impartial.

However, I still think we will get fucked over here and action will also follow from the Premier League.

Options of further action through Swiss Courts are limited so there will be no shit storm or bringing down of clubs and organisations.

We will have to start again.

I will still support the club after this has happened.

However, I still think we will get fucked over here and action will also follow from the Premier League.

Options of further action through Swiss Courts are limited so there will be no shit storm or bringing down of clubs and organisations.

If your first 2 lines are true, the rest can't be. Only if the club are wrong or CAS aren't impartial can the rest be possible.

If you believe the club and the chairman, and believe CAS is impartial, why do you therefore believe we will lose? If there is "a complex body of irrefutable evidence" that is to be assessed impartially, I don't see how we can lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.