Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening,hope we are all well?
as ever I come in peace and if my question is misconstrued i apologise in advance.
I've noticed a few posters saying Liverpool's title will be tainted due to covid-19 etc but my point is it they just need 6 points surely they will be deserved winners after being so far ahead.
as I said it's a genuine question and I respectfully ask for a touch of civility in return.
regards Jim.

You deserve to be 6 points from the title under pre Covid rules. But with the amount of changes your inevitable title will always have that asterisk, which to opposing fans will be seen as a taint.
You're not a deserved winner until you've won it

as ever I come in peace and if my question is misconstrued i apologise in advance.
I've noticed a few posters saying Liverpool's title will be tainted due to covid-19 etc but my point is it they just need 6 points surely they will be deserved winners after being so far ahead.
as I said it's a genuine question and I respectfully ask for a touch of civility in return.
regards Jim.
I think you’ve been the best team in the Premier League this season. 25 points the best team though? I don’t think so.

I believe City were robbed of two points at home to Tottenham. I believe we were robbed of the chance to convert a penalty for the lead at Anfield and were 1-0 down within a minute instead.

We shot ourselves in the foot on a few occasions such as Norwich away but every time we got our hopes up that you too would drop points, (Leicester at Anfield, Wolves at Anfield, the Merseyside Derby) decisions went for you.

The only two I can think of that you could complain about was the armpit offside against Villa (but then it was offside, ridiculous but offside) and the challenge in the build up to United’s goal at OT but then Origi went down holding the wrong leg.

I think City were finding it hard to sustain the phenomenal rate of the last two years and as the nation laughed at the increasingly bizarre run of luck that Liverpool were having with VAR, I think our players lost a bit of motivation believing they were fighting a losing battle.

That’s why I believe a lot of City fans are pissed off and don’t care. There was a sea change on Sky Sports around the time that you won 4-3 at Anfield in our Centurions season.

That Salah goal was shown so many times and despite you finishing 4th that season, it seemed to be already decided that you were our main challengers before you signed Allison, Fabinho and whoever else you bought that summer.

You can claim that we’re paranoid but it seems like everywhere we turn, we get criticised whilst your club does what it wants and it’s quickly smoothed over by the media.

I don’t believe that had your run of VAR luck not happened and you were 5-10 points clear when Covid-19 struck, many City fans would’ve begrudged you the title but when perceived handouts come at our cost, it’s piss funny to me that the virus will steal your moment of glory.

I think I’ve answered you pretty well there.

Now please be as accommodating to my question;

Have you got any thoughts or theories on what was meant by Richard Scudamore when he said the Premier League had “a strategic plan to put a new name on the trophy every six years”?

As an add on, do you believe there should be strategic plans to get the result the league desires?

I think you’ve been the best team in the Premier League this season. 25 points the best team though? I don’t think so.

I believe City were robbed of two points at home to Tottenham. I believe we were robbed of the chance to convert a penalty for the lead at Anfield and were 1-0 down within a minute instead.

We shot ourselves in the foot on a few occasions such as Norwich away but every time we got our hopes up that you too would drop points, (Leicester at Anfield, Wolves at Anfield, the Merseyside Derby) decisions went for you.

The only two I can think of that you could complain about was the armpit offside against Villa (but then it was offside, ridiculous but offside) and the challenge in the build up to United’s goal at OT but then Origi went down holding the wrong leg.

I think City were finding it hard to sustain the phenomenal rate of the last two years and as the nation laughed at the increasingly bizarre run of luck that Liverpool were having with VAR, I think our players lost a bit of motivation believing they were fighting a losing battle.

That’s why I believe a lot of City fans are pissed off and don’t care. There was a sea change on Sky Sports around the time that you won 4-3 at Anfield in our Centurions season.

That Salah goal was shown so many times and despite you finishing 4th that season, it seemed to be already decided that you were our main challengers before you signed Allison, Fabinho and whoever else you bought that summer.

You can claim that we’re paranoid but it seems like everywhere we turn, we get criticised whilst your club does what it wants and it’s quickly smoothed over by the media.

I don’t believe that had your run of VAR luck not happened and you were 5-10 points clear when Covid-19 struck, many City fans would’ve begrudged you the title but when perceived handouts come at our cost, it’s piss funny to me that the virus will steal your moment of glory.

Have you got any thoughts or theories on what was meant by Richard Scudamore when he said the Premier League had “a strategic plan to put a new name on the trophy every six years”?

As an add on, do you believe there should be strategic plans to get the result the league desires?
Excellent reply. May I add why has a terrorists attack on our players never resulted in an investigation in the obvious collusion set up by LFC and the Merseyside Police?

regards Jim.

Really? Do you not think there's enough going on to be worried about why some City fans think the league will be tainted.

regards Jim.
Pretty bloody obvious innit,the season has had a three month break,home advantage is being taken away which is not fair on those fighting relegation and trying to get into europe,players who were injured and not available for the run in are back,contracts are up and those players can't be replaced,anyone gets it and the whole team have to isolate,you get two wins then don't risk any first teamers till the end,what is that quaint thing they are trying to say is being upheld? Ah yes the integrity of the competition

But I am sure you already knew that

regards Jim.
yYeQ1sy.gif

regards Jim.

Thing is Jimbo, whether you only need 6 points or 60, the PL competition is now completely different..

Everything has changed and therefore what your club set out at the start of the season to win has expired ..

New competition, new rules, neutral grounds should not be construed as a continuation of the season..

It's very unfortunate, some might even say, hard cheese but you must agree yourself that a title win this season by any team in their respective divisions is a tarnished title..

What was the name of the horse that was miles in front in the national and tripped over it's own feet yards from the winning line, you know... bit like Stevie G did against Chelsea .., that's it,.. Foinaven..

Sorry.. still makes me laugh that..! (no not the horse..)

Anyway my point being, if you have a cut and shut season, a bit like a dodgy car, you might get someone to issue you a MOT for it but it will never be like or having the feeling of a genuine, brand new shiny, unblemished car..

You being the owner of the cut and shut model, no matter how much you polished it and told everyone you met it was the best car you have ever owned, deep, deep down you would know it was basically a bag of shit *..!!

Last edited:

I couldn't have come close to articulating that as well as you have - fantastic response........

regards Jim.
Thats another loaded question from you Jimbo - for the record you are being too transparent as this has been done a death in this thread which I don't believe has passed you by.

I'm surprised you have had as many genuine responses as you have thus far........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.