UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not one person will be sued

This is almost certainly correct. In my opinion, there have been journalists whose coverage of this matter has strayed beyond the ineptitude that applies to most of them. Some have been genuinely malicious in my opinion and I'd find it gratifying to see MCFC go in hard on these individuals, but it's not realistic to expect that.

this nice little statement from Soriano is in an article printed today on the MUEN - not sure when the statement i dated from but it is good to read it

When responding to UEFA's sanctions, City CEO Ferran Soriano also hinted at something else the club want to get from the appeal.

He said: "I am also looking for the end of this process maybe to put a pen under this undertone that we are hearing all the time that anything that we do, any result that we get is based only on money and not on talent and effort.

"The hundreds of people that work at this club know this is not true, that it is about effort and talent so maybe in the end, this is an opportunity."

Never a truer word spoken

The Soriano quote is from the in-house interview he did a few days after the 2 year ban was announced. Full transcript of the interview are here.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-city-news-ferran-ban-17776545

The statement was fully approved by City lawyers and I think is the last official statement from the club. We all heard it at the time but good to be reminded of the key-points:

• allegations are not true, simply not true
  • the owner has not put any money into the club that has not been properly declared
  • we did cooperate with the process, we delivered a long list of documents and support that we believe is irrefutable evidence
  • IC relied more on out of context stolen emails than all the other evidence we provided
  • this seems to be less about justice and more about politics
  • we went to CAS mid process because it was clear we weren;t having a fair process and speciifcally about the leaks
  • Th experience with IC has been negative for us....it is also negative for them (UEFA). UEFA is much bigger than this FFP Chamber

Agreed. It seems a bit fanciful that City, emboldened by a victory in the courts, would start looking to exact revenge on those who have slighted us in the past. All that matters is getting the ban overturned, not settling old scores.

That will be the job of us the City faithful : )

This is almost certainly correct. In my opinion, there have been journalists whose coverage of this matter has strayed beyond the ineptitude that applies to most of them. Some have been genuinely malicious in my opinion and I'd find it gratifying to see MCFC go in hard on these individuals, but it's not realistic to expect that.
I note that Pool are apparently legal with just about anything that threatens their stance. If this is correct is it simply the ADUG way to leave media alone or have Pool got more legal clout than City?

I think the Abu Dhabi United Group has caused much confusion in the media. The ADUG is an investment vehicle created by Sheikh Mansour to buy the club, it's not a sovereign wealth fund connected to the UAE state. McGeehan and other human rights activists make out that MCFC are a UAE plaything but I think that's a bit disingenuous. They claim he is a big cheese in the UAE, Deputy PM no less, but there are 2 Deputy PMs. Man City are a billionaire royal's plaything in the same way that Arsenal, and most clubs are the property of their owners. If you look in the UAE papers you wont find mention of this case.
I heard someone from a Newcastle supporters group refer to us as 'Dubai owned' at least twice in quick succession and a journo who claimed to have worked out there for years do nothing to correct him. The Newcastle fan also claimed to know Delooney and creepily claimed what a decent chap he was. Meanwhile John Cross and a bunch of his cronies on 'The Football Writers' pod decided football will be destroyed if we win because the big clubs will cream off the money and prevent anyone else from growing. He ended up by saying he didn't want to talk about City supporters because of the thousands spent on a banner in a childish attempt at a dig at uefa.

No real attempt at impartiality and certainly no confusion, they have long ago decided they want us stopped, guilty of not. I wonder if any of these people have ever served in a jury, because they are clearly unfit for such a responsibility.

Agreed. It seems a bit fanciful that City, emboldened by a victory in the courts, would start looking to exact revenge on those who have slighted us in the past. All that matters is getting the ban overturned, not settling old scores.

Maybe not in a court of law, but I'll certainly be disappointed if there isn't a hint of revenge planned.

I note that Pool are apparently legal with just about anything that threatens their stance. If this is correct is it simply the ADUG way to leave media alone or have Pool got more legal clout than City?
It's just that lawyers in Scouseland have had years of experience in defending scumbags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.