Death

You weren’t dead as such. Only Jesus came back to life. Glad to hear you’re still with us though.

You weren’t dead as such. Only Jesus came back to life. Glad to hear you’re still with us though.
Loads of people came back from the dead back in the olden days. Dying and staying dead was almost more of a novelty.

In fact, all of Jesus’ feats were pretty ordinary in the history of made up characters. He never parted the Red Sea like Moses did, or built an ark that carried all the worlds animals (apart from the unicorns) with just his immediate family, and somehow gather them all from all over the world in pairs without being eaten. Those Polar Bears can be right bastards.

Loads of people came back from the dead back in the olden days. Dying and staying dead was almost more of a novelty.

In fact, all of Jesus’ feats were pretty ordinary in the history of made up characters. He never parted the Red Sea like Moses did, or built an ark that carried all the worlds animals (apart from the unicorns) with just his immediate family, and somehow gather them all from all over the world in pairs without being eaten. Those Polar Bears can be right bastards.

Jesus existed. He was a Jewish Rabbi called Yeshua. There’s more documents supporting his existence than Caesar. Who he really was is the debate.

Jesus existed. He was a Jewish Rabbi called Yeshua. There’s more documents supporting his existence than Caesar. Who he really was is the debate.
Whether he existed or not, the jury is still out I believe, but in any event he didn’t exist as generally portrayed. In that respect he’s a made up character.

Like most of you, not scared of dying just don't want to. Perhaps you get to an age that you go to more funerals than weddings and realise it's just part of the circle. Funny
enough I used to hate funerals but now I enjoy meeting up with family and friends to celebrate the life as long as it's been a good one.

Now there really isn’t anything radically wrong with being sick or with dying. Who said you’re supposed to survive? Who gave you the idea that it’s a gas to go on and on and on?

And we can’t say that it’s a good thing for everything to go on living. In a very simple demonstration that if we enable everybody to go on living, we overcrowd ourselves.

So therefore, one person who dies in a way is honourable because he’s making room for others.

We can also look further into and see that if our death could be indefinitely postponed, we would not actually go on postponing it indefinitely because after a certain point we would realize that isn’t the way in which we wanted to survive.

Why else would we have children? Because children arrange for us to survive in another way by, as it were, passing on a torch so that you don’t have to carry it all the time. There comes a point where you can give it up and say, “Now you work.”

It’s a far more amusing arrangement for nature to continue the process of life through different individuals than it is always with the same individual, because as each new individual approaches life, life is renewed. And one remembers how fascinating the most ordinary everyday things are to a child, because they see them all as marvellous — because they see them all in a way that is not related to survival and profit.

When we get to thinking of everything in terms of survival and profit value, as we do, then the shapes of scratches on the floor cease to have magic. And most things, in fact, cease to have magic.

So therefore, in the course of nature, once we have ceased to see magic in the world anymore, we are no longer fulfilling nature’s game of being aware of itself.

There’s no point in it anymore. And so we die. And so something else comes to birth, which gets an entirely new view.

It is not, therefore, natural for us to wish to prolong life indefinitely. But we live in a culture where it has been rubbed into us in every conceivable way that to die is a terrible thing. And that is a tremendous disease from which our culture, in particular, suffers.

The only thing that truly scares me tbh. Not my own of course, just people I love.

Death, do you ever think about it or is it a taboo subject, are you scared of it, do you believe there is an afterlife ?
Do you think we are born again, or enter into heaven ?

I don't know how many people on here have had a general anaesthetic, I have, and I imagine dying is a bit like that ie nothing.
Just like before you were born.

I'd settle for endin' me days the same way the anaesthetist gave me the sleeping gas - count down from five, he said, and I can't remember getting to three. Ne'er felt a thing. Although me bollocks ached a bit for a few days after I'd come round.

Spent large portions of my earlier life expecting each day to be my last and it didn’t concern me, just part and parcel of the path I’d chosen.
Now I’m a bit older and away from the nonsense I’m quite content to stay alive for a bit longer and enjoy what I have without the need to look over my shoulder.
That said, I’ll probably get fucking knocked down by a bus next week if Karma exists! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.