ebay auctions

I listed a quality pine king-size bed frame in VGC about 18 months ago. Let the auction run without a reserve price. Sold for 99p. I felt a bit gutted it only reaching that, was worth a lot more. A guy turned looking like he needed a bargain, I think he'd just split up with his Mrs. Picked it up looking well chuffed when he saw what he'd just bought. I felt pleased for him that he was happy with it.

That is a good result i guess. I dont sell that much but when i do I always start it at the minimum price that i would be willing to deal with the hassle for. I don't get why people sell stuff for £2 or £3, to me its not worth the walk to the post office or hanging around for someone to pick up.

If i want to get rid of something i put in on gum tree for free or a token amount but with very strict rules - pick up at these times! Had a guy once trying to argue with me about some carpet and gripper rods I was offering for free. Told him to piss of in the end. On a slightly better note I got rid of an our last v big non flat screen telly on gum tree for a £10. A bunch of students turned up and they were going to take it on the bus - this thing was massive and heavy. I ended up giving them a lift back to their digs in the car - f*king students...

not really,besides it just so happens i needed some Clairol heated rollers.

I’ve decided on the shirt I want for £250 and no more. Whilst I’ll be disappointed not to get it, I will smile at someone else paying more because of me.

That is a good result i guess. I dont sell that much but when i do I always start it at the minimum price that i would be willing to deal with the hassle for. I don't get why people sell stuff for £2 or £3, to me its not worth the walk to the post office or hanging around for someone to pick up.

If i want to get rid of something i put in on gum tree for free or a token amount but with very strict rules - pick up at these times! Had a guy once trying to argue with me about some carpet and gripper rods I was offering for free. Told him to piss of in the end. On a slightly better note I got rid of an our last v big non flat screen telly on gum tree for a £10. A bunch of students turned up and they were going to take it on the bus - this thing was massive and heavy. I ended up giving them a lift back to their digs in the car - f*king students...
The number of cheeky twats out there saddens me. After we had a new kitchen I put some unwanted white goods on a local facebook site for free to collect. They were all working and worth a few quid but I couldn't be arsed with the hassle and hoped they would go to people whose needs were greater than mine. One bloke said he wanted the freezer so I marked it as sold. He then proceeded to get me to post him pictures from every angle, and send him measurements, etc before deciding he didn't want it. Another bloke said he wanted the washing machine so I also marked that as sold. When I gave my address for him to collect it he said he did not drive and can I deliver it.

Selling anything privately can be a nightmare. I’ve been given the run around with tickets before (three buyers cancelled) and other bits.

I may need to furnish a house within the next three months so if anyone has things then let me know out loud.

A colleague trawls round boot fairs and re-sells on eBay. He makes a fortune on Lego, Playmobil, tech, designer clothing. It all goes in his foreign holiday fund and he usually goes on 3-4 holidays a year.

Not now mind.

Got a City squad signed football from 94 for a fiver and a squad signed shirt from around 2000 for about 10 quid.

I either post my bid with about 5 seconds to go or just put it the max I want to pay and forget about it ! Until I get an email saying I won or lost the auction.

Yes.

There are people with software designed to outbid you at the laat minute. I have had good deals on the auctions but can'lt really remember any in particular.
Not so !! You don`t need any software to bid at the last seconds.
All you need is an account with Auction Sniper who will bid on your behalf.I set my maximum bids with 5 seconds to go and Auction Sniper does it for you.You pay a small amount if you win,but nothing if you get outbid.
I`ve been using it for 17 years.

once won a bed for 99p,the guy I bought it off looked like a transvestite tramp and smelt of fish ,was well chuffed when I flicked a pound coin at him and said keep the change,next day I stuck it back on ebay,turns out the bed was an original Picasso(coulnt think of anything else :)) one of only 2 he ever made, im now a multi millionaire and living the life of riley ,god bless the tranny tramp who sold it to me,i sometimes wonder whatever happened to him

once won a bed for 99p,the guy I bought it off looked like a transvestite tramp and smelt of fish ,was well chuffed when I flicked a pound coin at him and said keep the change,next day I stuck it back on ebay,turns out the bed was an original Picasso(coulnt think of anything else :)) one of only 2 he ever made, im now a multi millionaire and living the life of riley ,god bless the tranny tramp who sold it to me,i sometimes wonder whatever happened to him

Made me laugh....

I have tried to win a few lots on auction but everything I seem to go for goes above what you can just buy now on the main listings. I'm just wondering if anyone has won an auction on there and got a bargain in the process?
shill bidding is very common, can be spotted by searching the bid history - I've won a few but the items were so weird they were all on first minimum bid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.