UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good man - loads of runts on this forum - long may it always be that City are rooted in white dog shit, that black tar which used to bubble up in the streets when it got hot and back entries for playing rallivo and kick-can!!

*Edits - plus the rag and bone man and that person who used to leave bottles of dandelion and burdock and limeade and lemonade on your doorstep like the milkman.

Used to get 10p a bottle returning them.

Life was so simple then...

Fuck that - they would leave me for dead in the Claremont these days. I'd have to go in with a mate from Great Western Street to vouch for me now!!

I don't get that at the Con Club in Alty ;)

The Brooklands Tap was open the other day for take out beers when i walked past, that would be probably 2 pints for the same price of 1 at the Con Club. Unfortunately it was a non drinking day for me :(

just listened again to the Soriano interview which he says the emails were stolen & taken out of context. Uefa asked City to explain the emails,some information was being leaked to the press & at that point City stopped communicating. The club complained to CAS who said the leaks were worrying & they will judge it at the end of the process, which has now been done. Soriano states that all of the payments Sheikh Mansour has made to the club have been declared & audited.
Surely if this is correct then its an open & shut case.

Stefan talked in the podcast about how City had until Saturday night to reach a settlement with UEFA. The fact they didn't is a decision that would have been taken with the input of everyone in the corporate hierarchy and our legal team. We're talking about maybe 15-20 incredibly intelligent people agreeing that CAS is a risk worth taking. There is an assumed ultra-confidence about our position.

Ferran states in the interview that Sheikh Mansour has invested everything to the point that it has been audited numerous times. Ferran is staking his own reputation on this challenge. An adverse outcome would inflict huge damage upon his personal reputation. One of the most interesting things he does say is that UEFA put undue emphasis on the emails. I genuinely do start to think that UEFA's case file is essentially just a copy of Der Spiegel. The hack uncovered millions of pages of information but the trail went dry after Pearce's email to Chumillas. The more I think about it, the more I think UEFA have nothing on us that isn't already in the public domain. I'm increasingly confident.

Good man - loads of runts on this forum - long may it always be that City are rooted in white dog shit, that black tar which used to bubble up in the streets when it got hot and back entries for playing rallivo and kick-can!!

*Edits - plus the rag and bone man and that person who used to leave bottles of dandelion and burdock and limeade and lemonade on your doorstep like the milkman.

Jeez were you from my street, that's my whole childhood. Haven't heard anyone refer to rallivo since den, let alone spell it.

Sis-par-brick too. Its all rock paper scissors nowadays

Always thought it was spelt "Raleighvo". Anyway, I'm sure we're too old to give a shit nowadays.

So let me get this straight.

You think the club wants to get rid of FFP, but has taken absolutely zero steps to get rid of it because....?

And you can't seriously be telling me the club just wants to avoid litigation 2 minutes after bragging about how Khaldoon would love to spend £50m on lawyers to hurt UEFA?

The facts are simple.

1) FFP is of questionable legality
2) MCFC have unlimited resources to mount a legal challenge if they want to
3) They've never tried a legal challenge.

If your conclusion to that is anything other than "They don't want to challenge FFP" then you're kidding yourself.

This morning I said that I HOPE, not know, think or even expect that part of City's defence would be a full frontal assault on FFP. Now, up to this point we have no irrefutable evidence as to what the club's attitude to FFP is and we can argue until we're sky blue in the face about it. What also appears to be the case is that certain clubs supported the introduction of FFP primarily, it seems, so that other clubs could not benefit from owner investment to outspend them at a time when they needed to cut back, largely due to the effects of the financial crisis. It appears that City were one of the clubs targeted directly and in 2014 were sanctioned despite insisting they were responsible for no wrong doing. City took the "pinch" because they considered the interests of other groups involvd, such as sponsors, though City insisted on the superiority of its high investment model over the protectionist UEFA model. It appears the 2014 settlement has not settled much at all and City find themselves targeted again. The club may well feel that FFP is intended to be a permanent thorn in its side.

What you don't appear to consider at all is that attitudes change and develop as circumstances change and develop. I find it difficult to believe that the club's attitude to FFP will not at least have hardened as a result of recent developments. I hope that City's legal team has ripped the case for FFP to shreds in CAS - and I think it more than possible such an attack was part of our defence - and that CAS could even question its legality in the judgement but I don't expect this. If City's appeal is upheld - and I am confident it will be - I think the club will believe this to be the last time FFP is a concern. They will consider a crusade against FFPR to be other clubs good cause. This is not because of any love for the regulations. You have never heard any official at City express the kind of protectionist rubbish that you put forward: yours is the logic of Old Trafford, the Allianz and elsewhere. City are creating a football group which requires heavy investment, imagination, planning, vision and COMPETITION. If City can do that without recourse to legal action against FFP they will, but if not ... And a football group worth $5 billion does have unlimited funds for litigation, but you make progress quicker if it can be avoided.

The real problem arises if the CAS decision goes in UEFA's favour. The consequences may well be disastrous and felt for a long time, throughout the group. It is hard to see the Sheikh and his advisers accepting defeat with a whimper. Accepting that their venture was ruined by rules which defy sense, reason and the most superficial analysis and which appear to permit what the law clearly prohibits. What will your alternative be then? Will you still see FFP as City's essential safeguard from the Saudis and the Chinese?

Certainly does, and gives a real perspective about the parties with an agenda against us . PSG it would appear have been accepted , however reluctantly or not , and we are the major " fly in the ointment " for the all the other self-serving bastards in the cabal.
PSG were already accepted by the G14, as they were part of it before being taken over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.