UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good man - loads of runts on this forum - long may it always be that City are rooted in white dog shit, that black tar which used to bubble up in the streets when it got hot and back entries for playing rallivo and kick-can!!

*Edits - plus the rag and bone man and that person who used to leave bottles of dandelion and burdock and limeade and lemonade on your doorstep like the milkman.

Used to get 10p a bottle returning them.

Life was so simple then...
Don't forget the ragman's trumpet that let you know he was about.

All in All in,the Captain's calling.

I'm aware that no decision would have been made yet but the representatives would have got a good idea of how things went.
I understand that, but either way knowing any leak could still influence the decision they would be sensible to remain tight lipped.

I'm aware that no decision would have been made yet but the representatives would have got a good idea of how things went.
They'll have formed an idea, but it'll be due to the way the hearing went based on considerable experience of participating in other arbitration hearings. They won't have been tipped off by members of the panel.

Something that did occur to me earlier, it’s been suggested that UEFA itself would be fairly comfortable for the IC and A/C to be thrown under the bus. So was wondering who presented the UEFA case if it was done by those on the I/C or A/C you would be expecting them to be more invested and vigorous in defending their case, if on the other hand it was UEFA on behalf of Ceferin they may have been a bit more ambivalent about the whole hearing. As said all conjecture just something I was pondering while out walking.

You're telling me that nothing would have been said by the representatives to UEFA officials at the close. They would be itching to know who got the upper hand & leaking to the press if they thought it went well.

CAS are professional and ultra cautious. Their good work and professionalism would be undermined by any idle chit chat. In a case where City have legitimately raised concerns re confidentiality I don’t think any speculation we see in the media will have ruminated from CAS.

A good listen, thank you. On the ominous question of why didn’t City settle ahead of the hearing, I hope and pray that it turns out to be because of option A (ie. we are supremely confident) rather than option B (because UEFA refused to settle), but I fear it’s the latter. I just don’t see the incentive for UEFA to settle. We don’t matter to them financially, but keeping the cartel onside does. On the flip side of the coin there was however massive incentive for City to settle.....
My dicky ticker will never hold out until July....

I am confident UEFA would have taken a 1 year ban.

They may even have offered a suspended sentence but I don’t think we saw any reason to admit guilt or perhaps more importantly we probably didn’t trust the G14 not to stitch us up again. We took one ‘pinch’ and look where that got us?

If you don’t think City would be particularly likely to pursue the matter on through the Swiss Courts, am I right in thinking your confidence has its roots then in UEFA simply mitigating against the possibility of losing at CAS (ie they’d rather have settled for a 12 month ban rather than risk us getting no ban at all)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.