Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few great moments?? We’re not the same team without him imo. teams definitely fear us more when he’s playing. I agree he still needs to improve but he has been class for us given his age etc..He’s been a massive loss this season.. For me he’s irreplaceable. He’s better than sterling without a doubt Bernardo mahrez also. If he goes we are weakened for sure. Huge loss
Want him to stay but he was not a massive loss for us when he struggled with his own form tail end of 2019.
Sterling and Bernardo ended up being our best right and left player that winning season.
So he was replaceable.
This season we have missed him because Sterling lost form after a brilliant start and Bernardo has struggled this season.
Who knows what Sane would have achieved this season.Not a certainty that he would have had a great season by any means.

I wonder how many posters called him a lazy bastard who didn't work hard enough prior to him getting offered a new contract, my bet is zero. If you were one who did, fair play to you, I'd love to see the proof because I think many on here are guilty of re-writing history.

Anyone think bayens plan is to get him on a free?
Doesn't bother me if they do as long as we win our case v UEFA. If we do we can justify it by claiming that transfers have no place in FFP and it isn't in our psyche to hold players as slaves if they wish to go elsewhere, an agreed termination of a contract being sufficient for these times.

Anyone think bayens plan is to get him on a free?

No. Probably just as Worst-Case-Scenario when there will not be a suitable agreement between City and Bayern with the transfer sum. But right now that is both clubs bargaining. Worst-Case-Scenario for City is a free transfer next year.

I actually think that both parts at the end will come to an agreement somewhen in between and will find a deal as this is the smartest for everyone that is involved. Probably something around 50 million EURs depending on additional success orientated add ons.

No. Probably just as Worst-Case-Scenario when there will not be a suitable agreement between City and Bayern with the transfer sum. But right now that is both clubs bargaining. Worst-Case-Scenario for City is a free transfer next year.

I actually think that both parts at the end will come to an agreement somewhen in between and will find a deal as this is the smartest for everyone that is involved. Probably something around 50 million EURs depending on additional success orientated add ons.
I will be sad when Sane leaves, always loved watching him play but he wants off. Like others I don't like your club or the way they conduct their transfer business. I hope you don't get him for 50m eur as I think he is worth far more and I would like to think we will hold out for 70 m eur as reported in the media.

What makes you think Sane leaving on a free is the worst case scenario for city?

Sane leaving this year for less than the club's valuation is worse.

If leaves for free, he has played his contract out, we get a player of his quality one more season, at low wages he is on. Without having to break the bank to replace him.
That is as bad if not worse for Bayern. Who knows what happens in that year, other clubs get intersted, Sane's head turns, either to them, or even to staying. Heck he maybe ends up at Newcastle, Bayern maybe sign someone else and dont bother, who knows!

The best for all parties is if bayern stop fucking about and being twats, put their money where their big dirty mouths are, show a bit of professionalism and respect, and pay the asking price, like any big club would do. And everyone moves on.

What makes you think Sane leaving on a free is the worst case scenario for city?

Sane leaving this year for less than the club's valuation is worse.

If leaves for free, he has played his contract out, we get a player of his quality one more season, at low wages he is on. Without having to break the bank to replace him.
That is as bad if not worse for Bayern. Who knows what happens in that year, other clubs get intersted, Sane's head turns, either to them, or even to staying. Heck he maybe ends up at Newcastle, Bayern maybe sign someone else and dont bother, who knows!

The best for all parties is if bayern stop fucking about and being twats, put their money where their big dirty mouths are, show a bit of professionalism and respect, and pay the asking price, like any big club would do. And everyone moves on.
Depends if Sane will stink the place out if he doesn't get his move. Like you say, best all round is for Bayern to stop fucking about and pay the money and get the deal done. Get Sane out, sign a replacement and we stuff Bayern in the final of the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.