UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironically he is called the corana man
The "pop man" round our way was Ben Shaws I think.
Will never forget the day my niece (who was about 7) came round and when we asked her what she was doing round here said :Mummy in bed with Pop Man.
Pissed myself laughing.

The "pop man" round our way was Ben Shaws I think.
Will never forget the day my niece (who was about 7) came round and when we asked her what she was doing round here said :Mummy in bed with Pop Man.
Pissed myself laughing.
Weren't allowed pop in our house. Mum and Dad thought they were doing us a favour health-wise but I just nicked me dad's cans of lager instead!

No other league has 3 prime cartel clubs missing out on CL money because of the miscreant club in question. If Racing Club Lens missed out on CL qualification because PSG “cheated”, no-one would really give that much of a shit.
The pressure on the PL to punish us however, would be monumental, with the press agitating for relegations and points deductions for weeks on end, and all egged on by the rags and the dippers. Hell, they’ve already managed to get Wolves and Burnley on board. Burnley, FFS, to whom it matters not a jot where we finish!

At first i was really angry about it all.

Now i am a bit more philosophical.

Sure European exile,points deduction, relegation to the Vauxhall Conference or what ever the fuck it is called these days is bad.

We are City,there was a time we ate adversity for breakfast.

The Tourists will fuck off back over the Road to watch Europa League.Their Seats will be snapped up by local fans priced out of going to games these days.

You cant kill us.We are more than just a football Club,we are a cult.

If a Meteorite took out the Club we would have a whip round and rebuild from the ashes.

Our Journey has been an epic one,and it is never dull.What dosent kill us really does make us stronger.

We would treat it like a Holiday.

Fuck them all ,what will be will be,

Come rain or shine we will still be there.

I think there is very little chance they invested at a $5bn value factoring in a 2 year ban. Safe to say, their due diligence and advice was that a 1 year ban worst case and probably unlikely. In short they probably underestimated the risk.

So they took a calculated gamble on the win-lose scenario but SL and city didnt expect Uefa to actual throw the whole book at us?

Sure European exile,points deduction, relegation to the Vauxhall Conference or what ever the fuck it is called these days is bad.

The Tourists will fuck off back over the Road to watch Europa League.Their Seats will be snapped up by local fans priced out of going to games these days.

If a Meteorite took out the Club we would have a whip round and rebuild from the ashes.

Our Journey has been an epic one,and it is never dull.What dosent kill us really does make us stronger.

speak for yourself

Totally agree but ...."cult"?

Maybe someone in the know could answer this.
If Sheikh Mansour has handed over funds to Eithad not as a gift but was entered as a loan is that within the ffp rules?

No impact - its a loan

We believe that the Etihad deal is at the heart of our case and that UEFA believe that we received more from Etihad than their contractual obligation? We also believe that a large proportion of the money came from Sheikh Mansour? What we are certain of is that football clubs throughout Europe are borrowing money on a massive scale to meet their obligations and that this has no impact on their break even calculations (possibly if they cannot meet the interest payments without failing the break even rule). So, am I correct in thinking that City would still have been in breach of FFP had Sheikh Mansour made an interest free loan to the club, and that we would have failed because of the spending on transfers in 2014? Presumably we would still have failed on the issue of pre-2910 wages? But the loan would have prevented any suggestion of a reopening of the case?

This is an aspect of FFP which intrigues and horrifies me, but I'm not an accountant so I would appreciate clarification from you and PB on this.

We believe that the Etihad deal is at the heart of our case and that UEFA believe that we received more from Etihad than their contractual obligation? We also believe that a large proportion of the money came from Sheikh Mansour? What we are certain of is that football clubs throughout Europe are borrowing money on a massive scale to meet their obligations and that this has no impact on their break even calculations (possibly if they cannot meet the interest payments without failing the break even rule). So, am I correct in thinking that City would still have been in breach of FFP had Sheikh Mansour made an interest free loan to the club, and that we would have failed because of the spending on transfers in 2014? Presumably we would still have failed on the issue of pre-2910 wages? But the loan would have prevented any suggestion of a reopening of the case?

This is an aspect of FFP which intrigues and horrifies me, but I'm not an accountant so I would appreciate clarification from you and PB on this.

You are confusing cash flow with the profit and loss as adjusted for FFP rules.

We believe that the Etihad deal is at the heart of our case and that UEFA believe that we received more from Etihad than their contractual obligation? No. Etihad could be the key issue but it is probably UEFA's case not that we got more than the contractual obligation rather the contract was a sham.

We also believe that a large proportion of the money came from Sheikh Mansour? The leaked emails speak of "alternative" sources from HH (I know there is some debate from PB as to who HH actually is)

So, am I correct in thinking that City would still have been in breach of FFP had Sheikh Mansour made an interest free loan to the club, and that we would have failed because of the spending on transfers in 2014?
A massive loan wouldn't have made any difference aside from more debt cost (I can't recall how its included in the FFP calculation). But its irrelevant yes - we would still have failed (according to UEFA).

appreciate that but it still has to be paid back (in theory anyways) just seems a bit skewed if you ask me that you can go into debt to the tune of 200M (on top of all your other debts) and that's perfectly ok under FFP

It's not a " bit skewed " , it's a fucking disgrace , and an element of a corrupt system put in place purely for the benefit of a number of " elite clubs " .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.