COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure but Andy has shared these stats (for the relevant time periods) a few times. I wonder if they are shared by the UK Government from the SAGE modelling (that reflects 10 or so models / estimates of R numbers). Edit: see Grunge’s post
It's the stats from the Institute of The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine in London. One survey of about 10 that form the government stats. If LSHTM were right new cases would not have fallen by 600 in a week (actually 3600 as according to Wittey & Valence, there are 5 times as many actual cases as tested cases)
Yesterday:

The week before:

Last edited:
Not so anecdotal.

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/8/21251899/coronavirus-long-term-effects-symptoms

there are clear log term issues. if your worried about them or nor is irreverent to them existing.

Even the US army has stopped people who have had covid enlisting until long term issues are addressed.
I acknowledge they exist but the numbers involved are so small that they should and will have no bearing on society getting back to normal.

According to that report only 4% of the already tiny % of people who had serious enough symptoms to warrant hospital admittance will need further in patient treatment.

I acknowledge they exist but the numbers involved are so small that they should and will have no bearing on society getting back to normal.

According to that report only 4% of the already tiny % of people who had serious enough symptoms to warrant hospital admittance will need further in patient treatment.

There are usually a small percentage of people get long term effects from a virus, I should know Glandular fever changed my life forever at 14. If those who suffer long term damage from Corona are similar numbers to other virus I wont be surprised. Hopefully any that do wont have to go through a few decades of misdiagnosis abuse and bullying as I did.

I can't remember who didn't believe in lung damage so I am going to take a guess

@Boris Becker’s Backhand @True_Blue69

She was young and healthy,extreme case but lung and other organs damage is very clear now,a huge amount go onto dialysis ,it effects more than the lungs

A hospital in the United States has released a horrifying photograph of a 'young and healthy' woman's lung damaged by coronavirus.
The patient, aged in just her twenties, had the vital organ removed in a rare double-lung transplant operation after she fell life-threateningly ill with Covid-19

Pulmonologist and medical director of the Lung Transplant Program at the hospital Rade Tomic said: “How did a healthy woman in her 20s get to this point?
“There’s still so much we have yet to learn about COVID-19. Why are some cases worse than others? The multidisciplinary research team at Northwestern Medicine is trying to find out

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/horrifying-photo-healthy-young-womans-22177819

A healthy chest xray has lots of black,the picture of her lung further down needs no explanation

Not me I'm afraid Karen I've never disputed it can make people seriously ill. My Mums lungs are unfortunately the same due to pneumonia caused by flu. Has to have oxygen at the slightest hint of a chest infection. Any illness can lead to complications just not every other one gets published in the press.

England hospital deaths total 70, including just 10 yesterday - lowest weekday total since early days of pandemic in March.

However, 23 of those 70 were deaths were in the North West and 17 of the 57 that occurred over past 3 days.

This looks sure to be another sub 100 weekday death total from in hospital for UK. With 73 so far minus Wales and N Ireland.

Wales 10 deaths and 77 new cases. Another slight rise. The 77 cases were from 3681 tests.

So that is 83 hospital deaths UK total without N Ireland.

Update Northern Ireland added 1 new death.

So 84 is UK hospital deaths total.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.