Amy Winehouse

Loved Amy.
I'm a big fan of jazz and a lot of us thought she was the best since Billie Holiday.
Monumentally talented.
I remember one respected reviewer described her as "outrageously talented" even at 14.
Those damn drugs.

It was, 3 bottles of vodka I read, but she'd been on the beak all day
which masks the amount consumed, or so I'm told;)
Many of these rock star deaths are drug and alcohol related, not just the one substance.
Anyway, very sad she joined the 27 club, very sad indeed.
Many musician and celebrity deaths have been prescription drug deaths, to be exact.Although the prescribed drugs are often a consequence of the taking of the recreational type. But there is a tendency for commentators to simply say ‘drug death’.

The internet has made these substances so easy to obtain now that we’re going to have an entire generation suffering with physical and mental issues. The tragic deaths of famous people like Amy Winehouse doesn’t seem to discourage them either.

I’ve led a far from sheltered life but the amount of people using coke on nights out never ceases to amaze me. The average age in the pub one time was probably 45 but all the fellas were passing it round and disappearing to the toilets. It was rife when I was working in The City but now it’s really chavvy too.

I probably used weed five times when it was being passed around at parties in my late teens. Spliffs / bongs. I’m now 40 and I haven’t even drank alcohol since 1st March. Weekends are boring but I’m getting through it.

The internet has made these substances so easy to obtain now that we’re going to have an entire generation suffering with physical and mental issues. The tragic deaths of famous people like Amy Winehouse doesn’t seem to discourage them either.

I’ve led a far from sheltered life but the amount of people using coke on nights out never ceases to amaze me. The average age in the pub one time was probably 45 but all the fellas were passing it round and disappearing to the toilets. It was rife when I was working in The City but now it’s really chavvy too.

I probably used weed five times when it was being passed around at parties in my late teens. Spliffs / bongs. I’m now 40 and I haven’t even drank alcohol since 1st March. Weekends are boring but I’m getting through it.

It’s the booze for me.

Can go Monday-Thursday with nothing but then I get absolutely shit faced Friday and Saturday.

Since lockdown it’s got worse and I was absolutely hammered to 2am last night.

I don’t do any drugs though.

Last edited:
I had a breakdown in March and I’m on medication. Booze is discouraged so I gave it the flick. Surprised myself at how easily I’ve done it too. When the need to be disciplined happens then I can do it. I just don’t like to.

It’s the booze for me.

Can go Monday-Thursday with nothing but then I get absolutely shit faced Friday and Saturday.

Since lockdown it’s got worse and I was absolutely hammered to 2am last night.

I don’t do any drugs though.
I’m the same. Glad it isn’t just me.

Fantastic voice, and a really sad documentary.

Too many hangers on who wanted their slice, coupled with her addictive personality.

A real shame

There aren't many modern artists I like but she was definitely one of the ones I did like, powerful voice and a sad loss to music when she died.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.