Post QPR Celebrations

Nothing wild. Mate and I went to the mini Market (Tesco's) in Piccadilly after the game. Bought a case of beer for the train. Had to wait 30 mins for the train so we had a few cans in the car park behind the station. Sat on a kerb drinking and chatting with my mate. At one point I looked straight ahead and there was this overweight woman in her 50s wearing tight jeans and heels. She looked at me and said, "Sorry, love". She then pulled down her jeans and urinated in front of us. The piss found it's way down to my mate and me. Not a great sight as I had felt sick with nerves before the game and the game itself didn't help.

Got back to London and we met a Tranmere supporting mate at Euston. It honestly hadn't sunk in that we were champions until we watched MOTD in The Rocket. Had a few more beers before heading off. We are very pissed at this point.

Went to get the train back to Southgate. It was a rail replacement service. I got off the coach before my mates. Thought I was being clever, thinking I knew a short cut. I got lost. I must have spent an hour and a half walking home. Mainly in zigzags. Got home after 2am. Then re-watched the game and celebrations on SKY. Sick as a dog the next day, mind.

I definitely had a few too many. I remember the missus giving me an earful the next day so I knew the celebrations must have been good even if I couldn't remember!

Went to watch Match in a pub in the village where I live. Normally I'd meet up with my city friends but my son who was a mad City fan as well had died only a few months earlier. I wanted just to watch the match in a quiet environment and went to a pub that I did not go into very often. When the match was almost over and we were still down 2 1 I started to make my way home. As I was on the way home I said to hell with it all and went into my local. When I went in everyone was roaring and cheering
A friend of mine came up to me and said "Your son must be the happiest man in heaven"
I genuinely had no idea what had happened but it ended up being the happiest and saddest day of my life.
Nice story that pal your lad was watching over us that day

Drove back to Torquay where I was living at the time and went in the RAF club next door and had a couple and then went to bed. Exciting eh!

I was In Benidorm for a week away/on the piss from Wed to Wed with my mates and so it fell right in the middle. What a full range of emotions that day was. Ive got a photo on google drive I think, Ill try and dig it out. In front of the big screen when Baconface was being interviewed.

Must be the same place I ended up in! Bengal Street IIRC. Think Felix - who does the City on Tour meet ups for European aways - sorted it in advance with the club. Was a great end to the night, but a few hours before that it had took a nosedive for us. We were in the ‘spoons near the town hall (The Waterhouse). It was packed full of blues enjoying themselves with not a hint of trouble, but the bouncers decided to get arsey and told us to stop singing. Eventually got thrown out for defying orders so we hurled a shit load of abuse at them on the way out, and carried on doing so outside. The police turned up and to their credit, instead of nicking us they advised us to move on and to not let them spoil our night. It was only a few days later that we found out that just round the corner The Bank on Mosley Street was letting City fans in and allowing them to belt out whatever song they wanted. So that’s where we ended up in 2014.
In all my nights out on the piss, replete with boorish piss-taking and being desperate to be the centre of attention, I’ve never once been asked to leave a Wetherspoons. It’s a pretty high bar tbf.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.