Kai Havertz

The problem is that we are gonna sell a top tier player whose value is gonna be sky high for £70 -£80 mill at a push then we have to pay prob more than that to find someone who is not on sane’s level . Not great business that is
Don't think its a big problem. We may or may not have to spend more on his replacement, but don't think we'll go for a like for like replacement anyway. Not going to worry about it we'll be fine either way.

After 17/18, Raheem and Leroy should’ve been offered the same terms, it would’ve been a far higher rise for Leroy but it’s not unfair to say they both deserved it. Then Pep dropped him with little explanation - the same summer he was dropped by Germany which naturally affected his confidence.

We’ve always known Leroy has an attitude of arrogance- his massive back tattoo is of himself celebrating a goal, but being dropped, offered worse terms than his contemporary, and then struggling to make it off the bench despite always coming up with the goals when needed and then Bayern getting in his ear so brash and publicly. I just think City should’ve done better to keep a complete gem of a player.

Exactly

Don't think its a big problem. We may or may not have to spend more on his replacement, but don't think we'll go for a like for like replacement anyway. Not going to worry about it we'll be fine either way.
Surely a like for like would be better as no one had an answer for sane bombing down that wing . Without him we have defo struggled so I think we need that kind of player

Then Pep dropped him with little explanation - the same summer he was dropped by Germany which naturally affected his confidence.

Who says there was no explanation? That seems like a pretty ridiculous assumption to make.

Let's be clear here. Sterling in 17/18 was a much more decisive player than Sané, people have incredibly poor memories. He almost single-handedly built our unassailable lead in the autumn with the late equaliser at Everton, 98th minute winner vs. Bournemouth, late winner vs. Huddersfield, 97th minute winner vs Southampton. 23 goals and 17 assists in 46 games and YPOTY.

Sané had a brilliant spell but he didn't manage a single goal in the entire CL campaign, and only scored 3 league goals after October. He and Sterling were not on the same pay grade that season even if you're simplistic enough to think performance on the pitch is the only factor that determines wages.

Leroy was offered a new contract in 2017 which he rejected, and which TH and other papers said more than doubled his wages and would have put him pretty close to Sterling at the time.

The club then tried to offer him new contracts for 2 full years before the debacle of last summer. Pep's said this all publicly in press conferences.

He's not wanted to be here for quite some time, and people just need to accept it.

Last edited:
3 goals and 17 assists in 46 games and YPOTY.

Sané had a brilliant spell but he didn't manage a single goal in the entire CL campaign, and only scored 3 league goals after October. He and Sterling were not on the same pay grade that season even if you're simplistic enough to think performance on the pitch is the only factor that determines wages.

Leroy was offered a new contract in 2017 which he rejected, and which TH and other papers said more than doubled his wages and would have put him pretty close to Sterling at the time.

The club then tried to offer him new contracts for 2 full years before the debacle of last summer. Pep's said this all publicly in press conferences.

Sane won YPOTY mate. And yes Raheem bagged a ton of late winners, and is a great player - probably my favourite player in the squad, but Sane offers a real scary and gem like threat. Brutal pace, a bit of height and the silkiness of David Silva. He and Sterling are an incredible partnership and I'm going to miss it. I just think theres more the club could've done publicly especially after Low dropped him, even just a show of support. And lets not forget how important Sane has been in 18/19. Arguably wouldn't have won the league without him and the goals he scored, much like Raheem's in 17/18.

Two fantastic players who in my opinion deserved parity. But then again my opinions usually arent always right

Anyway back to the point of this thread, spent a lot of time the last couple days watching more and more of Havertz. Christ I want him now

Anyway back to the point of this thread, spent a lot of time the last couple days watching more and more of Havertz. Christ I want him now

You are not the only one. But Rudy will not let him go below the 100m EUR transfer sum this season - and it all might depend on Leverkusen's CL qualification. We expect Havertz to push hard for a transfer when they should only get 5th - whereas we can see him staying another season in Leverkusen if they make the CL.

He could complement KdB very well with his abilities to go into the box. And he is versatile to play all over the offense. He would offer the height you often lack in the box but is versatile enough with the ball to be able to play the City type of football.

You are not the only one. But Rudy will not let him go below the 100m EUR transfer sum this season - and it all might depend on Leverkusen's CL qualification. We expect Havertz to push hard for a transfer when they should only get 5th - whereas we can see him staying another season in Leverkusen if they make the CL.

He could complement KdB very well with his abilities to go into the box. And he is versatile to play all over the offense. He would offer the height you often lack in the box but is versatile enough with the ball to be able to play the City type of football.

My only worry is whether he can play in a high intensity pressing team. I've not seen enough to know for sure, but the comparison to Ozil I've seen in a few places haven't filled me with confidence on that front!

My only worry is whether he can play in a high intensity pressing team. I've not seen enough to know for sure, but the comparison to Ozil I've seen in a few places haven't filled me with confidence on that front!

Leverkusen main pressers per a midfield pressing are Baumgartlinger and Aranguiz with around 21 pressures per 90 minutes - Havertz plays a low key role in that with an average of 12 pressures per 90 minutes (the success rate with 31.7 % is ok). Özil actually is not that lazy guy he is always told to be - he has 19.1 pressures per 90 minutes but only a 20% success rate, what tells more about the coordination of Arsenals pressing than about Özil himself (if you know that Özil just does not have the personality for a team leader! and do not expect him to be something else - the biggest problem in my eyes is to expect things from him that he just cannot fulfill. He should be the artist and not the worker - and for sure not the leader!)

In your team it is more distributed between forwards and midfielders - KdB has 18.5 pressures with a 29 % success rate - David Silva 16.5 pressures with 30%

I think that Havertz is still raw and his development can go in different directions. He e.g. could develop into a more defensive b2b-position if he would bulk up a little. That he in a top team with 21 cannot be the leader should be given - he needs others to lead him...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.