COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reports then were plainly bollocks, we most likely had tens of thousands of cases by then, many/most asymptomatic, and mingling in football crowds and race meetings. We were only reporting positive tests, and we were testing next to noone, and nobody was social distancing either.

That is the week after school half term when thousands had been in badly infected but largely unknowing areas in the Alps skiing and in the Spanish sun, they brought it back to the southeast (and other Cities too), and then went to work on public transport on crammed buses trains and tubes, we even had a cup final, where 80,000 came from the north and midlands to mix and subsequently take it back to their regions.

In 1-2 weeks we were inundated with it, and most didn't realise, and that's why the deaths peaked so high in early April.

Its highly unlikely (but not impossible) to happen again unless we are very stupid as a country, and from what I see now, most people are continuing to be sensible when the reality is that when we really needed to be, most just ignored the advice, but now they know the consequences, most are now probably over the top in their precautions.

I'd agree with all that, and most people are thankfully sensible and can see the consequence otherwise. We now know that the vast majority of cases came from UK citizens returning from holidays in Europe and the numbers entering the UK now are much, much lower than then so I doubt we will be in the same position with exponential growth but if the overall plan is total elimination the virus only the measures as described above, in Australia, by The Talisman would be enough. I don't think and hope we are not going to see another surge, "just" a daily "acceptable" new case level very slowly dropping if we are lucky. I think this may be the plan from now?

What they know is that they have a population of close to 1.5billion, and they are fucked if ever gets out of control over there.
Presumably it's relative though. Say 1% die of this. China that's 15 million. While in the UK it's 700,000. Still means 99% remain.

So the Chinese get 45 new cases in Beijing market, all asymptomatic which suggests they do routine testing of market stall holders. They then close market, lockdown surrounding district and carry out 10k futher tests. Stop all sport in the city.
UK getting 1000 new cases everyday but opening up, and lifting restrictions.
What on earth do the Chinese know that we don't?

And rising today to 54 new cases, China that is.

My wife works for the NHS and she finally got to have her anti body test on Friday, she got her result back this morning and it's positive so hopefully i will be as well, we were in Madrid for the game for 4 days then Wembley, Sheffield and the Swamp neither of us have been ill since we got back from Spain but we were a couple of weeks before we went?

So the Chinese get 45 new cases in Beijing market, all asymptomatic which suggests they do routine testing of market stall holders. They then close market, lockdown surrounding district and carry out 10k futher tests. Stop all sport in the city.
UK getting 1000 new cases everyday but opening up, and lifting restrictions.
What on earth do the Chinese know that we don't?

they know that the population will obey instructions to isolate and as a result, the measures will be effective.

England hospital deaths - even given its a Sunday and reporting Saturday figures (always reducing numbers so a factor you have to take into account here) - VERY low.

Just 27. And only 4 from yesterday.

Yes its Sunday but that is the first single figure total from any day in a very long time. I think since the first week of the pandemic and pre lockdown in March.

Last Sunday the Saturday reported figure was 16.

Add ons for other days low too. Indeed 9 June added zero deaths so after 5 days of figures (as in Gelson's graph) stays at 58. Don't recall the last time that happened either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.