Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Ah yeah isn’t it convenient that The Norwich player who tested positive for Coronavirus didn’t have any contact with any spurs player!? Utter lies if you use track and trace the full squad should be on lockdown for 7/14 days! Seems the coronavirus rules for footballers football clubs don’t count?!

So this Norwich player never stepped foot in the spurs ground?
And didn't go within 2 metres of any other person the PL will no doubt announce.

So what happens when 3 or 4 players or even the manager from the same team test positive and they have a game scheduled within the 7 day isolation period. Will that game get postponed or will the club be disadvantaged by losing said players/manager from their matchday squad?

well if you have 3 or 4 injuries in your squad you just have to put up your best available team, so won't be seen as any different. I wonder if certain clubs/agents will be registering more positive tests (that maybe end up "false positive") for their players when they're about to play certain clubs.

Whilst being an advocate of abandoning the season here and now and restarting next sesaon, as soon as crowds can attend, I must say that people really don't seem to understand what test and trace is. Close contacts will be traced and they are defined as:
  • People you spend 15 minutes or more with at a distance of less than 2m
  • People you have direct contact with - such as sexual partners, household members or people with whom you have had face-to-face conversations at a distance of less than 1m
  • Travelling in a car or other small vehicle with someone (even on a short journey) or close to them on a plane
  • If you work in – or have recently visited – a setting with other people (for example, a GP surgery, a school or a workplace)
So, if the Norwich player(s), were arguing directly in the face of a Spurs player or spat on him, he would have to self-isolate. If they have only very briefly been in contact, they wouldn't. If the Norwich players have been practising social distancing, they should be ok, although they are probably at a bigger risk.

Its no different than finding out that the bloke who stands at the front at Tesco has tested positve and suggesting that everybody who had been in that shop for a week should be contacted (how?) and everyone who had been in, as well as all the staff, everyone on the bus he uses and everyone who had been in all the shops he had have been in should be self isolating as well, which is clearly nonsense.

All that notwithstanding, I suppose we will know soon enough as all the Spuds players will have had 4 tests within the next fortnight and, if any of them should test positive, that might just be it for the 2019/20 PL season.
Come on mate sort yourself out. This is no place for sensible analysis and rational presentation of the facts. Leave the doom mongers to panic themselves into a state of ill informed hysteria while the rest of us look forward to seeing City again.

So what happens when 3 or 4 players or even the manager from the same team test positive and they have a game scheduled within the 7 day isolation period. Will that game get postponed or will the club be disadvantaged by losing said players/manager from their matchday squad?

I checked PremierLeague.com

Does the game involve infected Liverpool players?
Automatic win to the Anfield side.
Does the game involve infected players in a game against Liverpool? Automatic win to the Merseyside club, but this cannot be awarded to Everton.
Does the game involve infected players not playing for or against Liverpool FC? VAR decision will be announced with a phrase that says Liverpool are not affected therefore points deductions will be made against the team 2nd in the league.
Does the game involve infected Liverpool players during play? The 19th official based in Anfield reserves the right to bring out the magic sponge and run the clock down should Liverpool not be in a winning position. Should Liverpool be drawing or winning then they will be awarded continual penalties until even late-registered player Robbie Fowler scores the winning goal.

As others have said, it's shameful from the PL tbh, there is no way anyone can say playing the rest of the fixtures is fair now, Norwich have now lost a player, what if that is Kev or Aguero for us? Best thing they could do now is lie on the day of their next match and say half their squad have the shits, by the time the test results come back match will be abandoned anyway.

I'm not sure if this is the right place but I'm fuming. After months of paying for sky sports on now tv with no live sport, now it's coming back it has stopped working. This is in spite of me activating a code to extend it free of charge until the 30th June due to there being no live sport since the virus started. No way of contacting them but oh guess what, I can easily renew for £33.95 a month, almost £15 more than I was paying. Anyone else in the same boat?

If covis 19 has a 2nd wave the league will be decided on a gnawing competition who ever can peel 5lb of spuds with their teeth in 5 minutes becomes champions, klopp is 1/200 favourite with Ladbrokes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.