Is lockdown showing signs of breaking down ?

Walk in town just then to cheer myself up. Ended up more angry than before. Went round castlefield. Absolutely rammed. Looks like a normal hot day in the summer. Large groups of people sat together, a pub basically open and loads of drunk people mixing, people hugging. No one keeping their distance on paths. Demoralising.

Almost certain infections are going to go up. Lockdown is unequivocally over, no doubt about it.

It's odd we are reducing lockdown more and more , but for months around here the beaches have been rammed, same goes for the promenades, parks, even today there is about 20, twenty somethings playing football in the rec behind me. Yet the figures keep reducing. Something doesnt add up to me.
A month of rammed beaches to marches in towns all the time the infection rate drops.
Did we need a lock down ? Because it only lasted about 6 weeks around here and the only sign now is queues outside shops everything else seems normal. The more the rate drops the more people are going to ignore the government. Even I am thinking sod boris if I want my son and have him stay over I will, every one else seems to be doing what they want

Walk in town just then to cheer myself up. Ended up more angry than before. Went round castlefield. Absolutely rammed. Looks like a normal hot day in the summer. Large groups of people sat together, a pub basically open and loads of drunk people mixing, people hugging. No one keeping their distance on paths. Demoralising.

Almost certain infections are going to go up. Lockdown is unequivocally over, no doubt about it.
R is over 1 in the southwest already, i.e. it's growing again. And that's before the increased infection rate from the cuntish behaviour over the last couple of weeks kicks in. Depressing.

I really think sometimes we are the only couple in Scotland taking the rules seriously.
I’ve followed the British rules and even had a three week spell in late April/early May where I followed the Italy/Spain restrictions off my own back and only went out for food or not at all.

Other than those weeks, I have only been out, on my own, for one exercise session a day and food when needed. I don’t care that they’ve eased restrictions, I haven’t agreed with the easing at each stage they’ve done it, so I’ve carried in with the stricter lockdown for myself.

My Mother, my Grandad and a good mate of mine (and his Mother) are all vulnerable. None of them have been allowed to leave their house for three months (until that slight change last week).

All this is why I’m just so furious every time I see twats breaking restrictions no matter what it’s for: going to packed beaches or parks, throwing house or street parties or raves, going out exercising and not distancing 2metres away from other people, peaceful protesting but not social distancing, out vandalising monuments or demonstrating violence... they’re all Covidiots of equal measure!

I’ve followed the British rules and even had a three week spell in late April/early May where I followed the Italy/Spain restrictions off my own back and only went out for food or not at all.

Other than those weeks, I have only been out, on my own, for one exercise session a day and food when needed. I don’t care that they’ve eased restrictions, I haven’t agreed with the easing at each stage they’ve done it, so I’ve carried in with the stricter lockdown for myself.

My Mother, my Grandad and a good mate of mine (and his Mother) are all vulnerable. None of them have been allowed to leave their house for three months (until that slight change last week).

All this is why I’m just so furious every time I see twats breaking restrictions no matter what it’s for: going to packed beaches or parks, throwing house or street parties or raves, going out exercising and not distancing 2metres away from other people, peaceful protesting but not social distancing, out vandalising monuments or demonstrating violence... they’re all Covidiots of equal measure!
I couldn’t agree more. If we beat this it will be because the virus burns itself out or by vaccine. Our response from government and a significant number of the population has been risible.

The thing that worries me is if we need to reintroduce lockdown I just cant see people doing it again. So many have ignored it first time round.

It's gone from "from each according to their ability, to each according to their need" to "each to their own, according to their cognitive function". Ironically, it's those who would bang the drum the most for the former that have largely caused the latter.

i work in an hospital in gmr

where i work ,nobody has had covid 19 since it started in March

until this week,3 people in the last 4 days since thursday tested positive,there are now roughly half our staff self isolating for 14 days
as a result of track and trace with the 3 people that now are positive,it will run riot through my department now,we all know.

yet ,this lockdown is relaxed and relaxed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.