Is lockdown showing signs of breaking down ?

We have no choice, the “people” have decided it’s over anyway, consequently we have to go with the flow. It’s the same across all main countries in Europe now.
Yeah the case numbers are creeping up everywhere, basically because many aren't bothering to be careful any more.

Yeah the case numbers are creeping up everywhere, basically because many aren't bothering to be careful any more.
Which is why I’m staying in the stricter lockdown phase, even if I’m on my own with it.

Let's be honest here we never really had a lockdown.
A lot of the population have treated it like a never ending holiday, its appalling really.
This is exactly how it feels, I haven't been furloughed, thank heavens, but get home after a days work to sea(I know) crowded beaches etc. Sort of pisses you off a little that those on furlough are trying their best to keep it going. I know it is probably only a minority, but I wouldn't mind at least a months paid holiday, just to give my knees and feet a damn good rest.

The Chancellor admitted this morning that paying the furlough scheme could not continue, and that people had to return to work but in a responsible manner. If people act irresponsibly now and the virus is resurgent, then I rather doubt there will be the economic means to reintroduce furlough again, which might mean more unnecessary deaths and even more economic woes. Not sure that linkage has ever been conveyed clearly, but then doubt it would be heeded by some.

I’ve followed the British rules and even had a three week spell in late April/early May where I followed the Italy/Spain restrictions off my own back and only went out for food or not at all.

Other than those weeks, I have only been out, on my own, for one exercise session a day and food when needed. I don’t care that they’ve eased restrictions, I haven’t agreed with the easing at each stage they’ve done it, so I’ve carried in with the stricter lockdown for myself.

My Mother, my Grandad and a good mate of mine (and his Mother) are all vulnerable. None of them have been allowed to leave their house for three months (until that slight change last week).

All this is why I’m just so furious every time I see twats breaking restrictions no matter what it’s for: going to packed beaches or parks, throwing house or street parties or raves, going out exercising and not distancing 2metres away from other people, peaceful protesting but not social distancing, out vandalising monuments or demonstrating violence... they’re all Covidiots of equal measure!
Absolutely ditto.

I went for a big grocery shop on March 5th and since then I've been to the supermarket once. Me and the Mrs have stayed in all the time, eating whatever we can find in the freezer and getting whatever groceries we can delivered from the local butcher, bakers etc and the occasional Tesco delivery when we can get one. We've been nowhere and it's been a bloody great imposition but we have done it because we could see it needed to be done.

And then you see these fucking arseholes carrying on as if COVID-19 never happened, partying, rioting, congregating etc. Honestly I would twat every single one of them given half a chance.

I have been asked to go back to work tomorrow. For about a year have been working as a bus driver but was furloughed from day 1. The manager who called me says they are expecting it to be manic tomorrow with most shops opening tomorrow. I spoke to a few of the lads who worked through it and said that after the 1st 2/3 weeks it was back to normal. Tomorrow we are also to tell people they are not allowed on without face coverings and once 10 people on board a single decker no one else allowed on.

This is exactly how it feels, I haven't been furloughed, thank heavens, but get home after a days work to sea(I know) crowded beaches etc. Sort of pisses you off a little that those on furlough are trying their best to keep it going. I know it is probably only a minority, but I wouldn't mind at least a months paid holiday, just to give my knees and feet a damn good rest.
Posts like this make me vomit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.