Kai Havertz

Leverkusen main pressers per a midfield pressing are Baumgartlinger and Aranguiz with around 21 pressures per 90 minutes - Havertz plays a low key role in that with an average of 12 pressures per 90 minutes (the success rate with 31.7 % is ok). Özil actually is not that lazy guy he is always told to be - he has 19.1 pressures per 90 minutes but only a 20% success rate, what tells more about the coordination of Arsenals pressing than about Özil himself (if you know that Özil just does not have the personality for a team leader! and do not expect him to be something else - the biggest problem in my eyes is to expect things from him that he just cannot fulfill. He should be the artist and not the worker - and for sure not the leader!)

In your team it is more distributed between forwards and midfielders - KdB has 18.5 pressures with a 29 % success rate - David Silva 16.5 pressures with 30%

I think that Havertz is still raw and his development can go in different directions. He e.g. could develop into a more defensive b2b-position if he would bulk up a little. That he in a top team with 21 cannot be the leader should be given - he needs others to lead him...
Where are you getting that data from? I'd be very interested to see it.

You are not the only one. But Rudy will not let him go below the 100m EUR transfer sum this season - and it all might depend on Leverkusen's CL qualification. We expect Havertz to push hard for a transfer when they should only get 5th - whereas we can see him staying another season in Leverkusen if they make the CL.

He could complement KdB very well with his abilities to go into the box. And he is versatile to play all over the offense. He would offer the height you often lack in the box but is versatile enough with the ball to be able to play the City type of football.

To me he's worth the 100m. He and Phil could form the focal point of our XI for the next decade. I think you could definitely find a way to play them two together especially with the attacking versatility they both offer and the fact that KDB as he gets older will move further and further back a la Fernandinho. I think a Pep dream midfield in say 2/3 years could be Havertz and Phil ahead of KDB - so much silky passing and attacking threat as well as pressing and ball recovering traits too, but it would require a strong defence.

Either way, Havertz feels very buy now or you'll regret it forever regardless of the price.

Leverkusen main pressers per a midfield pressing are Baumgartlinger and Aranguiz with around 21 pressures per 90 minutes - Havertz plays a low key role in that with an average of 12 pressures per 90 minutes (the success rate with 31.7 % is ok). Özil actually is not that lazy guy he is always told to be - he has 19.1 pressures per 90 minutes but only a 20% success rate, what tells more about the coordination of Arsenals pressing than about Özil himself (if you know that Özil just does not have the personality for a team leader! and do not expect him to be something else - the biggest problem in my eyes is to expect things from him that he just cannot fulfill. He should be the artist and not the worker - and for sure not the leader!)

In your team it is more distributed between forwards and midfielders - KdB has 18.5 pressures with a 29 % success rate - David Silva 16.5 pressures with 30%

I think that Havertz is still raw and his development can go in different directions. He e.g. could develop into a more defensive b2b-position if he would bulk up a little. That he in a top team with 21 cannot be the leader should be given - he needs others to lead him...

Cheers for the reply - some interesting stats there.

Personally I think it's hard to imagine anyone paying 100 million + for a player in the next window although I could be wrong!

Where are you getting that data from? I'd be very interested to see it.

fbref.com

You have to read yourself into the data - use the glossary to get the definitions - and maybe toggle the stats per 90 minutes. I have exported some data to excel before to eliminate players with less minutes e.g. in the overview of the Bundesliga players stats to get out who the players with the best pressing data of the top clubs are.

The overview of the City data you can find here: https://fbref.com/en/squads/b8fd03ef/Manchester-City

(Needs some time to really get into this stats page - they even have top5leagues statistics - but when you have done that it is very useful - ok, you still have to combine the stats with what you see on the pitch)

There is a match sheet with the single data for each match, too - you have to wait on the full data usually to the day after the match. There you even can see every shot on goal + assist + preassist

They count xG and xA differently to understat.com - I prefer the xG and xA data there for my purposes as they seem to fit better for that.

What I think is very helpful to get an overview of a match are the match plots of "Between the posts" - the articles are behind a paywall but the match plots are not: https://betweentheposts.net/match-plots/

Last edited:
Player gets reported closer and closer to Chelsea so denial. Even a stopped clock I suppose

2/3 defenders , The french midfielder from Lyon and a replacement for sane will be purchased . we arnt after another attacking midfielder, we already have 4 that can play that role aswell as Doyle being promoted For next season , the money will be spent elsewhere.

Wonder if Chelsea are rushing to get things done before the 13th. If we buy Havertz then he would definitely be the kind of optional extra that would only come when the financial future was certain post appeal.

I believe @tolmie's hairdoo said as much a few weeks ago. Along the lines of we'd love to get him, have been speaking to his agents, but need the CAS verdict first.

Either way I think I'm hoping Chelsea finish 5th and Wolves stage a comback for an improbably 4th place behind Leicester.

fuck, if chelsea get havertz as well then they will have added some real quality to their squad!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.