Arsenal (h) pre-match thread - 17/06/2020

Arsenal (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it wrong that I’m not arsed???

first time I’ve felt like this in 35 years of being a fan, the whole restart stinks to high heaven and it feels wrong endorsing it!
Your not alone, I’ll no doubt watch it but the whole thing just leaves me feeling a bit flat.

Have we played any warm ups for this? I’ve not noticed any whilst the rags and dippers have. Does that suggest we are using the last 9 games as friendlies to get the squad warm for the champions league in April and potentially 3 games to retain the FA cup.
The squad has played games together, 11 v 11. Presumably to mitigate any corona risks we haven't invited any external teams. Will be interesting game for sure in terms of intensity and sharpness on the ball.

Think of it as pre season for the FA Cup and Champs League mate.

I’m looking forward to the Arsenal game in the same way I usually look forward to watching the pre season tour games in that it’s something to watch on tv and I won’t kill myself or the wife if we lose.

just the wider context for me, it is morally wrong when people are still being infected and dying, regardless of the reduced numbers... the spike is coming and entertainment is the least of our worries, the players shouldn’t be put in this situation!

Respect to those who don't care about this game, but personally I'm looking forward to it as much as I would any other (even as someone who would have been at the matches if not for the virus).

Ederson
Walker
Laporte
Fernandinho
Mendy
Rodri
Bernardo
De Bruyne
Mahrez
Sterling
Agüero

Bravo, Cancelo, Otamendi, Stones, Gundogan, Silva, Foden, Sané, Jesus

Our boys are consumate professionals and I can see us being less affected by the rule changes than most teams. Mahrez, De Bruyne and Agüero will run riot. I'm going with 4-1, with Aubameyang scoring from the spot for them and a Sterling goal adding to an Agüero hat-trick. COYB!

just the wider context for me, it is morally wrong when people are still being infected and dying, regardless of the reduced numbers... the spike is coming and entertainment is the least of our worries, the players shouldn’t be put in this situation!
I’m of the different opinion mate, they’re tested to the n-Th degree and have every available help that medical science allows.

It’s the poor buggers working in offices and McDonalds I feel sorry for.

Can't say I've missed it but I'll definitely be watching. The country still seems to be in a state of paralysis and restarting the football is a good step. Come on City, we've got lots to play for this season.

To be honest I couldn't be less interested, won't be watching don't care, first time since the 1970s that City have played a game including friendlies(I'm someone that did the away Full Members Cup games!), that I won't even be following. My hope is when we really come back I have that buzz again, but right now I wouldn't watch the games if they played them in my back-garden
You must have a massive garden

Is it wrong that I’m not arsed???

first time I’ve felt like this in 35 years of being a fan, the whole restart stinks to high heaven and it feels wrong endorsing it!

I think you are allowed to feel the way you feel. If that helps. Personally not being in a pub, and not watching City for 3 months is something I never thought or wanted to happen. I miss them both dearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.