Dayot Upamecano

If you want Lovren so be it, personally i do not think he is better than anyone at the club , left or right
I'm taking the piss because he meets your criteria:
1. Playing for a top club
2. Plays left or right CB
3. Is in last year of contract.

I know your taking the P but you keep missing bits, is he better than any City player?
Is Upamecano?

You've never said why you think that, if you do, not in this thread anyway. As far as I'm concerned he's another Stones, he makes the same mistakes as Stones and there's no justified reason to think Pep is the magic solution because he's not been able to eradicate those mistakes out of Stones game, yet.

Last edited:
Is Upamecano?

You've never said why you think that, if you do, not in this thread anyway. As far as I'm concerned he's another Stones, he makes the same mistakes as Stones and there's no justified reason to think Pep is the magic solution because he's not been able to eradicate those mistakes out of Stones game, yet.

I have watched Upamecano play badly, the beginning of the season for example before he went out injured and when he came back he was excellent, all defenders make mistakes and get crucified, Stones for example has made far less mistakes than he is credited for, injuries and social life have cost him Pep`s trust as he has played 954 minutes out of a possible 3140, Fernandinho has played 2505 minutes at CB Otamendi has played 1969, Upamecano does play better than both of these in those positions, and has done so this season

I have watched Upamecano play badly, the beginning of the season for example before he went out injured and when he came back he was excellent, all defenders make mistakes and get crucified, Stones for example has made far less mistakes than he is credited for, injuries and social life have cost him Pep`s trust as he has played 954 minutes out of a possible 3140, Fernandinho has played 2505 minutes at CB Otamendi has played 1969, Upamecano does play better than both of these in those positions, and has done so this season
Upamecano is better than Fernandinho? I really do NOT believe that at all, I don't recall many mistakes, if any, solely from Dinho this season. A lack of intensity and aggression (controlled) in our pressing with Rodri still getting accustomed to the league, Silva's drop off and Mahrez playing more frequently has caused our defence to be more exposed than in the previous two seasons. The last person to point fingers at is Fernandinho.

I agree about Stones though, completely. When he does make mistakes it's highlighted and people only talk about the 1 incident rather than the other 89 minutes he's been doing well. I'd prefer to persist with Stones and hope it eventually clicks, than spend £50m on another CB with the exact same problem, especially when we have Dinho to step in if he's not performing and Garcia who I think could be better than both in that position long term. That said if Stones backs off and fails to put in a challenge when he's 1v1 ever again, I may drag him off the pitch and beat the living fuck out of him :)

Upamecano is better than Fernandinho? I really do NOT believe that at all, I don't recall many mistakes, if any, solely from Dinho this season. A lack of intensity and aggression (controlled) in our pressing with Rodri still getting accustomed to the league, Silva's drop off and Mahrez playing more frequently has caused our defence to be more exposed than in the previous two seasons. The last person to point fingers at is Fernandinho.

I agree about Stones though, completely. When he does make mistakes it's highlighted and people only talk about the 1 incident rather than the other 89 minutes he's been doing well. I'd prefer to persist with Stones and hope it eventually clicks, than spend £50m on another CB with the exact same problem, especially when we have Dinho to step in if he's not performing and Garcia who I think could be better than both in that position long term. That said if Stones backs off and fails to put in a challenge when he's 1v1 ever again, I may drag him off the pitch and beat the living fuck out of him :)

I do not believe Stones is the problem, for me it is when Stones/Laporte are not there, if you believe Fernandinho is good enough to cover for both positions fair enough, i can respect that obviously i do not think that is the case, as for Garcia i think he is a long way away from being good enough, but time will tell for him

I do not believe Stones is the problem, for me it is when Stones/Laporte are not there, if you believe Fernandinho is good enough to cover for both positions fair enough, i can respect that obviously i do not think that is the case, as for Garcia i think he is a long way away from being good enough, but time will tell for him
It'll be interesting to see whether both he and Stones make the squad on Wednesday.

https://soccerlink.fr/2020/06/15/ch...dayot-upamecano-en-pleine-reflexion-4678.html

These were the guys that had the weird inside scoop details on almost every transfer that joined PSG such as Mbappe, Alves and Neymar. Financial details, times of stuff back when they joined.

they’re now saying The following.

It was agreed for the young player to sign at Bayern Munich. The financial crisis is now forcing the Bavarian club to change its targets. This forces Upamecano to reconsider the offers of other clubs including that of Manchester City. The club is interested in the French player, who has not yet extended to Leipzig and who will agree to extend his contract on the sole condition that his € 58M clause is not revised.

It is expected that a right-handed central defender will come to City to compete with John Stones and Nicolas Otamendi, two players who do not satisfy Pep Guardiola's staff enough.
dayot-upamecano-in-full-reflection

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.