Nearly 5 years on - how do you feel about the new badge?

I love it .It's pretty much smacks of old man city when law.kidd bell marsh summerbee oakes wore the light blue. Leave it as it is please.that eagle thing was horrendous and stupid decorative stars fooling folk that we might have the won the European cup..joke badge..this is city and it's round

The red rose is a symbol of our county, it belongs on the badge, the badge has representation from the city of manchester CoA and Lacashires official flower, couldn't wish for anymore.

The bee shouldnhave been where 18 94 is if anywhere.

Interesting fact on the rags badge it is a copy of the original one the scousers used.
Agreed. I'm not sure why people are saying the red rose is just a symbol of Lancashire, it's the historical symbol of the House of Lancaster which found its way onto the crest of Lancashire and was kept on the coat of arms of Manchester as recognition of the historical link between the new region and the old county in '74. It's still there and won't be going so is absolutely right to be on our badge. It's why those over the border had to change their roses to footballs because the rose does not appear on the Greater Manchester emblems nor Trafford's, and the link to their days within the borders of Manchester or Lancashire is not relevant any more.

Very happy we've gone back to our classic badge. It does look a tad cartoonish, and I wish it were 'Manchester City FC' all across the top, but it's so much better than the last one. Glad they kept the rose.

I think it looks really good, much more of a Man City bade to me then the eagle

the bee should be on it though. It’s arguably the symbol of Manchester.

Very happy we've gone back to our classic badge. It does look a tad cartoonish, and I wish it were 'Manchester City FC' all across the top, but it's so much better than the last one. Glad they kept the rose.
To be fair this has been my only slight gripe with it at times but it's a very fluid design, for example when Sky make it 3D on their graphics it doesn't look cartoonish at all, or when it is monochrome or stitched.

It's definitely City and that's all that matters I suppose.

Didn't need F.C as anyone in the right mind knows it's a football club.

That's exactly why I like the fact that there isn't F.C. It's rather like peers of the realm not saying “I'm Lord Trimmingham”, but just “I'm Trimmingham”. (I once got a letter from a peer of the realm — don't ask!! — and he just signed it “Russell”. Class! By the way, he was a really nice guy, and not in the least snobbish. Not sure if he was a blue, though…)

I see Manchester, Greater Manchester and then Lancashire. Whilst I don’t care where any genuine Blues are from, I’ve always considered Blackburn and Burnley to be Lancashire. Blackpool people aren’t going to be Mancs, are they?

The renaissance of the bee after the terrorist atrocity at the Arena helped bring the city together. An emblem of the worker spirit and the industrial revolution. As a 40 year old man and very much a guest of the place, I recognise the bee more than the rose.

I see Manchester, Greater Manchester and then Lancashire. Whilst I don’t care where any genuine Blues are from, I’ve always considered Blackburn and Burnley to be Lancashire. Blackpool people aren’t going to be Mancs, are they?

The renaissance of the bee after the terrorist atrocity at the Arena helped bring the city together. An emblem of the worker spirit and the industrial revolution. As a 40 year old man and very much a guest of the place, I recognise the bee more than the rose.

I local government neither Blackburn or Blackpool are in Lancashire these days either. and Blackburn has a stronger bee connection:
blackburn-coat-arms.jpg
372193_a958e3b6.jpg

I know Manchester had those statutes recently an have has a bee on the bins, but it was cow statues 16 years ago and they were better :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.