Bundesliga 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sancho is a **** suited to the rags.

He comes across as cocky and not very intelligent in this interview on BT Sports.

"Nothing against Man City. I left to improve myself."

Translation: Pep didn't think I was ready but I know better because I'm a great player.
Nothing wrong with this mindset at all.
He has also in 2 seasons made himself into a player most people assume will go for over 100 millions

Kaiserslautern declared insolvent apparently. No punishment at this stage due to the Coronavirus circumstances. The (fantastic) stadium is proving to be a significant burden though.

Kaiserslautern declared insolvent apparently. No punishment at this stage due to the Coronavirus circumstances. The (fantastic) stadium is proving to be a significant burden though.

They are very tight for a longer period now and never came out of it. Bayern played a friendly to help them after last season to help them get their liason for 3rd league this season but that due to the situation now was not enough.

I love how the Bayern kids perform in 3rd league right now especially as some of their best players were on the bench or played for the first team this weekend and they had players that still can play U17. A bunch of kids being second in 3rd league and being better that than the annoying neighbours. Like 19 year old Zirkzee scored coming in for Lewy for the first, Malik Tilman 18 came in for Otschi Wriedt and scored 2.

A lot of this youngsters will atleast make it Bundesliga, hopefully atleast one or to make it to the senior squad.

Yet again in the Bundesliga, only one home win. No fans, no advantage

11 home wins in 55 games total since the league restarted.

Of those 11 home wins, Bayern and Dortmund account for 5 of those. (I have mentioned this as the two dominant teams you would expect these two to win at home regardless. However, Dortmund have lost at home since its all kicked off again... to Bayern).

So a 1 in 5 chance for a home win so far (if I've worked that out right)... granted its early days, but goes to show (off this small sample size) the effects not having a home crowd can have.

I'll be following the prem fixtures to see if this follows a similar trend.

EDIT - Just wanted to add I have no dog in this fight, not really followed much of the actual football (had a small dabble now and then on some games), just looking at the stats to see if it has any effects.

K-Town is yet another sample of how the giants of the past have fallen from grace. Crazy to think that they won the league immediately after getting promoted just a couple of years ago.

Their ground is one of the best in the league and I am saying this as a Frankfurt fan and we absolutely hate the "red devils".

Hope they somehow manage to get their shit together and return one day. Just like 1860, Rostock, Nürnberg, Hamburg, Stuttgart etc. I cant help but feel sad to see these clubs in the nether regions of German football and the likes of Hoffenheim, Augsburg, Mainz etc in the Bundesliga.

K-Town is yet another sample of how the giants of the past have fallen from grace. Crazy to think that they won the league immediately after getting promoted just a couple of years ago.

Their ground is one of the best in the league and I am saying this as a Frankfurt fan and we absolutely hate the "red devils".

Hope they somehow manage to get their shit together and return one day. Just like 1860, Rostock, Nürnberg, Hamburg, Stuttgart etc. I cant help but feel sad to see these clubs in the nether regions of German football and the likes of Hoffenheim, Augsburg, Mainz etc in the Bundesliga.
I had a look at their stadium on google last night after @cptaidan88 posted about them. Certainly impressive and somewhere I'd like to go.

I remember City selling Uwe Rosler to them in the 90's and him scoring a Champions League hat-trick for them. They were in Koln playing (I think) Viktoria on the day we watched 1.FC against Augsburg.

Only on Friday, I asked Rhineland about teams that were within travelling distance of Frankfurt because me and my lad would like to go back and experience staying in Frankfurt. The truth is that our McDonald's order was messed up at Koblenz HBF and we want to go back to complain.

Do Kaiserslautern and Eintracht have to alternate home games or can they both play at home on a weekend?

I had a look at their stadium on google last night after @cptaidan88 posted about them. Certainly impressive and somewhere I'd like to go.

I remember City selling Uwe Rosler to them in the 90's and him scoring a Champions League hat-trick for them. They were in Koln playing (I think) Viktoria on the day we watched 1.FC against Augsburg.

Only on Friday, I asked Rhineland about teams that were within travelling distance of Frankfurt because me and my lad would like to go back and experience staying in Frankfurt. The truth is that our McDonald's order was messed up at Koblenz HBF and we want to go back to complain.

Do Kaiserslautern and Eintracht have to alternate home games or can they both play at home on a weekend?
I think its about 1.5 to 2 hours away on public transport, so there wouldn't be those sort of restrictions. Its not a massive distance considering the size of Germany though. Frankfurt's more local rivalries would be against Kickers Offenbach and more recently Mainz.

City had a pre season friendly against Stuttgart maybe 5 years ago (where we got beat and were 4-0 down after about 20 mins), and it just fell nicely that I could go to Kaiserlautern the night before and Karlsruhe the day after. Kaiserslautern was about 1.5 hours away from Stuttgart too I think.

I asked a few fans if they remembered Uwe and none of them did sadly, but they had some tremendous players at that time and he wasn't a star.

Our natural rivals are Kickers Offenbach (they are basically located just across the river Main). Driving distance is something like 16 kilometers.
Second team is definitely Kaiserslautern even though they are not as close as Mainz, the rivalry between them is long and established.

Kaiserslautern has one of the few real football grounds in Germany where people are really close to the pitch. In addition to that they got a beer hall under the stands...how much better can it get?

Mainz doesnt really matter in the grand scheme of things as they just dont have the same name as Kaiserslautern and dont have the following K-Town have. Due to the fact that Kaiserslautern is stuck in the lower leagues for a while now a whole generation of Frankfurt fans grew up with Mainz as our only Buli Derby, but overall the matches against Lautern are where it is at.

I mean Mainz doesnt even manage to sell their own ground out against us, nor do they sell their away location when they play at our place. Most common excuse is that all Frankfurt fans are animals and that Mainz fans got chased through the nearby forest on a couple of occassions.

Will neither deny or confirm those rumours... ;-)

Our natural rivals are Kickers Offenbach (they are basically located just across the river Main). Driving distance is something like 16 kilometers.
Second team is definitely Kaiserslautern even though they are not as close as Mainz, the rivalry between them is long and established.

Kaiserslautern has one of the few real football grounds in Germany where people are really close to the pitch. In addition to that they got a beer hall under the stands...how much better can it get?

Mainz doesnt really matter in the grand scheme of things as they just dont have the same name as Kaiserslautern and dont have the following K-Town have. Due to the fact that Kaiserslautern is stuck in the lower leagues for a while now a whole generation of Frankfurt fans grew up with Mainz as our only Buli Derby, but overall the matches against Lautern are where it is at.

I mean Mainz doesnt even manage to sell their own ground out against us, nor do they sell their away location when they play at our place. Most common excuse is that all Frankfurt fans are animals and that Mainz fans got chased through the nearby forest on a couple of occassions.

Will neither deny or confirm those rumours... ;-)
Does the town of Mainz get its name from the river Main?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.