Marcus Rashford lobbying govt to help vulnerable children

It's possible to be both. A bit of good PR for a worthwhile cause. I'd imagine an awful lot of good intentioned schemes are brought to us knowing both parties will benefit.
I suppose there's nothing wrong with that and it shouldn't detract from whatever good cause is in the spotlight.

Would you agree that it is, in practice, almost impossible to achieve the kind of awareness he is trying to raise without good PR, they kind of go hand in hand. I'd go as far as arguing the good PR he gets from this is wonderful because a) it is fully deserved, and b) it could propel others in a similar position into action to tackle other areas in society that requires urgent attention.

Last edited:
Would you agree that it is, in practice, almost impossible to achieve the kind of awareness he is trying to raise. I'd go as far as arguing the good PR he gets from this is wonderful because a) it is fully deserved, and b) it could help others in a similar position into action to tackle other areas in society that requires urgent attention.
Yes. He's done a very admirable thing and deserves all credit coming to him.
I can think that whilst still having those nagging doubts, but the nagging doubts are unimportant in the grand scheme of things, they just tend to upset folk.
Stories like this should probably just concentrate on the good which I'm happy to accept.

Amazing how incompetently that was handled.

Presented with an absolute open goal, a chance to do something really popular with great PR for minimal cost, and the government manages to reject it before bowing to minor public pressure <24 hours later, robbing themselves of all goodwill they could have accrued in the process.

Yes. He's done a very admirable thing and deserves all credit coming to him.
I can think that whilst still having those nagging doubts, but the nagging doubts are unimportant in the grand scheme of things, they just tend to upset folk.
Stories like this should probably just concentrate on the good which I'm happy to accept.

Sorry, the original comment was meant to read 'impossible to reach the kind of awareness he's trying to raise without good PR. They come hand in hand. But yes, we agree, we're cool :)

Amazing how incompetently that was handled.

Presented with an absolute open goal, a chance to do something really popular with great PR for minimal cost, and the government manages to reject it before bowing to minor public pressure <24 hours later, robbing themselves of all goodwill they could have accrued in the process.
You'd have thought the government would've learnt their lesson after the u-turn on NHS surcharges for immigrant staff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.