COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scottish data added from yesterday, 15 new cases. 5 deaths. 986 in hospital with suspected Covid (up 19 from yesterday but down 11 of proven Covid positive cases) ICU cases 19 (+1)

The figures last Tuesday for comparison. 14 new cases. 7 deaths. 1011 in hospital. 21 in ICU.

So progress as you see, but, as in other parts of UK, slow.

Last edited:
This has been my argument all along,if you are not used to wearing a mask then all you do is fiddle with it and take it on and off,you touch your face a load more times than you would normally do,then there is the behavioural aspect,as you can see in the news the crowds trying to get into shops in a scrum because there are sales on,masks fallen down,they are a false sense of security so social distancing goes straight out of the window

No it wasn't. Your point was the WHO said they had no positive affect so dont bother wearing them. It was obvious from day 1 they have a positive effect, only reason you don't slate the government on this one is because you agreed with them!

This has been my argument all along,if you are not used to wearing a mask then all you do is fiddle with it and take it on and off,you touch your face a load more times than you would normally do,then there is the behavioural aspect,as you can see in the news the crowds trying to get into shops in a scrum because there are sales on,masks fallen down,they are a false sense of security so social distancing goes straight out of the window
It's irrelevant.
Masks reduce the wearers chances of catching the virus by 10%. Poor mask donning and doffing reduce this benefit down to zero.
So long as 80% wear them, It's the 20% (bandana) to 55% (surgical mask) reduction in the chances of the wearer spreading it to others in a confined area that is the major benefit of a face mask.
(BTW, washing your hands or using hand sanitizer should still be frequently indulged in.)
Why people continue to insist on asking the wrong question is beyond me.

Last edited:
Scottish data added from yesterday, 15 new cases. 5 deaths. 986 in hospital with suspected Covid (up 19 from yesterday but down 11 of proven Covid positive cases) ICU cases 19 (+1)

The figures last Tuesday for comparison. 14 new cases. 7 deaths. 1011 in hospital. 21 in ICU.

So progress as you see, but, as in other parts of UK, slow.
Slow but from a quite low level, especially new cases, even countries that have been low for a while seem to rumble along at low levels for weeks without quite getting to zero, thinking places like Norway, Denmark Austria.

No it wasn't. Your point was the WHO said they had no positive affect so dont bother wearing them. It was obvious from day 1 they have a positive effect, only reason you don't slate the government on this one is because you agreed with them!
Unlike you I am guided by the world experts,it is a brand new virus and a pandemic ,now they know more they have changed their view,i have said many times from a behavioural point of view i don't agree with them and them and as is being proved already from watching wall to wall telly for the last week then very few people are wearing them right,i also talked about the safe disposable and washing of them,do you want me to pm my every post on it?

It's irrelevant.
Masks reduce the wearers chances of catching the virus by 10%. Poor mask donning and doffing reduce this benefit down to zero.
So long as 80% wear them, It's the 20% (bandana) to 55% (surgical mask) reduction in the chances of the wearer spreading it to others in a confined area that is the major benefit of a face mask.
(BTW, washing your hands or using hand sanitizer should still be frequently indulged in.)
Why people continue to insist on asking the wrong question is beyond me.
Did you watch the protests ,been out,how many are you seeing wearing them properly without lowering them to speak,eat etc and not fiddling with them endlessly?
I agree with your theory but everyone has to play their part,no social distancing because people feel safer when most of them are not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.