Charity shield 1968... Manchester City v WBA.

The 4th goal that trickled over the line and left there by the West Brom defender when he realized it's a goal would nowadays be booted out over the half way line and the Ref surrounded by ten players swearing blind it never crossed the line. Ah well!!!

When I got the bus home after that game the rag conductor asked me what the score was. "6-1" I said. "Who to?" he replied incredulously. I just smiled at him and he took my fare and slunk off. He was seriously pissed off.

I was there with my brother, in the Platt Lane, only 10 at the time, long time ago, but those experiences as a kid, growing up watching City were great, we were and have always been a Top Cub, we have bags of history, don't let anyone say we haven't.

I recall this game well. I was convinced we would walk the league and win the European Cup that season. I wasn't as clued up on "typical City" in those days though we did bag the FA Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.