Redundancies

i had been on furlough for 3 months,luckily i went back into work on wednesday,however there are still well over 2/3 still furloughed,unless the aviation industry picks up the airport will see hundreds maybe thousands of redundancies,my firm deal with a lot of cargo,so are luckier than most

In these times, I wouldn’t volunteer for redundancy unless you are sure of getting another job.

Or you know its coming anyway, and VR gets you more money.

I have been made redundant 3 times

• First time company went bankrupt
  • Second time face didn't fit
  • Third time , line manager didn't agree with my opinion about them, took VR and got more money

I have always bounced back , kind of.

My thoughts are be resilient, do whats best for you and appreciate some things are beyond your control, control what you can

Or you know its coming anyway, and VR gets you more money.

I have been made redundant 3 times

• First time company went bankrupt
  • Second time face didn't fit
  • Third time , line manager didn't agree with my opinion about them, took VR and got more money

I have always bounced back , kind of.

My thoughts are be resilient, do whats best for you and appreciate some things are beyond your control, control what you can[/QUOTE

3 weeks salary for every year with no upper limit if voluntary. I believe compulsory 2 weeks for every year and although doesn't affect me, capped at 20 years, my boss applying as been there over 30 years.

Anyone else under the threat of being made redundant due to current climate and Covid.

I work for Historic Royal Palaces a self funding charity which looks after 6 sites, Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, Kensington palace, Kew Palace, Banqueting House in Whitehall and Hillsborough Castle in Northern Ireland.

Announced this week that we have £94m revenue shortfall (85% of income) and asked for people to apply for voluntary redundancy They need to cut 20-25 per cent off the wage bill which is roughly 50% of the costs. If they don't get enough to apply then compulsory redundancies will be announced in July. Roughly 1,000 staff involved

I have been on furlough for 7 weeks after initially working from home for a few weeks and potentially some staff could be on furlough until October. Any staff not made redundant will have 20 per cent paycut and if/when called back into work will be working reduced hours

My contract was cancelled as if 1/5/20 - not worked and had no income since. As I was a contractor I don't qualify for any state help either - I'm one of the millions that fell between the cracks

My contract was cancelled as if 1/5/20 - not worked and had no income since. As I was a contractor I don't qualify for any state help either - I'm one of the millions that fell between the cracks
I contracted for 2 years then realised IR35 was going to sting me therefore went permanent with the company, best decision in hindsight ever. Hope you get sorted out soon.

I contracted for 2 years then realised IR35 was going to sting me therefore went permanent with the company, best decision in hindsight ever. Hope you get sorted out soon.
Smart move, IR35 has killed; contracting, consultancy, interim. In a predicament now personally, understand why there's little sympathy as had it good for a while, but fuck me what now?

Smart move, IR35 has killed; contracting, consultancy, interim. In a predicament now personally, understand why there's little sympathy as had it good for a while, but fuck me what now?
It was pure luck I suppose and luckily the Company seen in most what we brought to their party, as you know IR35 has been postponed but it will kill the consultancy market eventually, a shame but as you said it was good whilst it lasted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.