Redundancies

My mum is 68 and still working.

She was about to hand her month's notice in and tell them she was retiring when lockdown came around.

Both her and my dad (69) are still on full pay on furlough.

They are offering voluntary severance across 9000 employees and my mum would be looking at around £12k.

Funny how things work out. She has a good chance of getting it and I would be made up for her after a lifetime of work.

Our place is closing by the end of the year, nowt to do with covid, just a set of twats who run it.
Same here, the main company I work for will go under by the end of the year because of the twats who run it and that's nothing to do with Covid either. Thankfully I have other options but it was still a big chunk of my income.

Same here, the main company I work for will go under by the end of the year because of the twats who run it and that's nothing to do with Covid either. Thankfully I have other options but it was still a big chunk of my income.

I'm not to bad as I am going to retire but a lot our people still need the money and it's not fair on them.

She was about to hand her month's notice in and tell them she was retiring when lockdown came around.

They are offering voluntary severance across 9000 employees and my mum would be looking at around £12k.

Funny how things work out. She has a good chance of getting it and I would be made up for her after a lifetime of work.

Nice to hear stories like this when it works out for someone.
We went through redundancies at our school a few years ago, a horrible divisive process. A young I.T lad who Helped keep the school network up and running got made redundant, his pay out £400! He was fortunate enough to get a new job at another school in the same local authority So they took the £400 Off him.

Brilliant

COVID hasn't affected my company other than changing how we work (from home etc) but I think it will start to hit the purse long term which can only mean one thing.

Given the age of much of the workforce I'd expect something like voluntary redundancy to go down a treat here. Some of the older guys are literally sat waiting for it so they can retire as it usually comes around every 5-10 years.

As a government contractor, for us the low oil price in foreign markets and new pressure on the UK government budget is the major threat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.