Burnley (h) pre-match thread (22/06/2020)

Burnley (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric

Administrator
Presumably Garcia won’t be available, but should be a fully fit squad other than that. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Rodri, Otamendi/Fernandinho and Aguero come in for this, with it being a more physical battle.

Ederson
Walker
Fernandinho
Laporte
Mendy
Rodri
De Bruyne
Bernardo
Foden
Sterling
Aguero

Reckon Stones with his height might come in to partner Laporte with this one.

Think Foden deserves a start - he looks so lively when he came on again vs Arsenal. young kid so wont have been as affected with the time off as some of the older players.

Rodri i reckon will play as well (again for his physical presence

We actually get longer than we normally would between games for this one. Still expect a fairly heavy rotation though.

The back 4 will be the interesting choice, Pep could potentially have an entirely different back 4 to the arsenal lineup if he’s wanting to heavily manage players gametime and treat the games like pre season before the cup matches. I think it’s safe to assume Garcia will be unavailable, Stones and cancelo were deemed not fit enough for the bench, we obviously have no idea what the issues are but I’m going to assume neither will be fit to start so I expect Otamendi to replace Garcia and zinchenko to come in for mendy.

Rodri will start in midfield, he excels when teams want to battle and not utilise pace to bypass him, Burnley are his ideal opponents, probably his best game for us was Burnley away when they wanted to play to the big striker and play off him meaning rodri’s weaknesses aren’t exposed. kdb and Foden making the midfield trio.

Bernardo gets a start on the right as does Aguero upfront with the front three rounded off by sterling with the idea of replacing him with Sane after about an hour. Fernandinho to replace Laporte again after 60-70 minutes, Silva for Kdb around the same time, and the other subs depending on fitness and tactics if the game isn’t won

Pity it’s not on Saturday. KDB looks like he really enjoyed himself last night and the Burnley defence will be given a proper test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.