Watching With or Without "Crowd Noise"

There was Bluemoon as well.

I don’t think it’s uncommon for the away teams fans to sing at the start of the game, which was when I really noticed the Arsenal chants.

Crowd noise for me made it better and was ok when the stands where out of sight, but as soon as you see the empty stands and hear the noise, the illusion is kind of stopped.

Each to the own, I’d keep it.

Not sure what the options were like in the UK or elsewhere but on Bein Sport we had the option of crowd noise being added in or not on the audio/language button.

Before kick off I told my wife I didn't want to listen with a fake crowd soundtrack and I watched the first ten minutes with the genuine audio (the odd shout and silence) and I wasn't that enamoured by the game.

I then just flicked to the "crowd noise" option and the whole experience changed and it was 100x better.

Obviously there is no replacement for real fans being at the ground but given everything that's going on and the fact that football (as much as can be) is back, it's certainly the lesser of the two evils.

Did anyone else try them both and agree or disagree?

Similar experience for me and agree.

At first found the fake crowd weird. Probably too conscious that it was different and concentrating on it. That eased as the game went on and adapted to it. For me also feels 100x better than the stadium echo.

Enjoyed it with crowd noise. Glad there are options for people that want to listen without. The crowd noise just added a level of immersion, first home game I've missed in 17 years at least. Never watched us on the Tele at the Etihad so was a strange experience. Anything that helps the immersion is good.

Not sure what the options were like in the UK or elsewhere but on Bein Sport we had the option of crowd noise being added in or not on the audio/language button.

Before kick off I told my wife I didn't want to listen with a fake crowd soundtrack and I watched the first ten minutes with the genuine audio (the odd shout and silence) and I wasn't that enamoured by the game.

I then just flicked to the "crowd noise" option and the whole experience changed and it was 100x better.

Obviously there is no replacement for real fans being at the ground but given everything that's going on and the fact that football (as much as can be) is back, it's certainly the lesser of the two evils.

Did anyone else try them both and agree or disagree?
Totally agree, miles better with the crowd noise.

I was surprised there must be someone pressing a button that triggers the “oooohhs” “ahhhhs” and cheers at the right moment.

There was a couple of occasions where I actually wasn’t conscious that there was no crowd there.

I just hope for the Burnley game they introduce a half time soundtrack. Folk whinging about mahrez, general tuts about how long it takes to get a beer and the occasional "kiiiiiiiiiing of the kippax!"

I went without crowd noise. It's like watching a training match but then again it was Arsenal anyway.

The fake sound is just too distracting for me. Watched a few Bundesliga games over the last few weeks and I spent half the time laughing at how bad it was. In the Leverkusen Vs Bayern game I kept thinking the referee was blowing his whistle.

I don't know, maybe the Premier League have done it better but I was also hoping to hear Pep shouting "fuck you" at everyone.
There were lots of different City chants. Especially when we were bossing it second half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.