Ederson - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was danger in last night's situation.

Like I said, Garcia was running back towards his own goal alongside a player much, much faster than him with Walker and Fernandinho both chasing back but in no position to stop the attack. He'd already been done in the first half and Ederson was just covering the space in behind, as he is coached to.

It's not Eric's fault and I obviously feel bad for him but Ederson was right to come for it and he cleared the danger. Collisions and injuries are a part of the game.

3 Blues, 1 red on the wrong side of the ball. There was no reason at all to fly into his man for a header outside the box. If you want to take that risk every match you need a 40-man squad over a season.

I like Ederson, much, but this one was nonsense and maybe born by being bored or he was simply missing proper timing after a long break.

Pep wants to control situations and keep his players safe and fit. This action was being high risk for no benefit. That was a full frontal impact on head and neck. Anything could have happened.
Part of the game my arse.

3 Blues, 1 red on the wrong side of the ball. There was no reason at all to fly into his man for a header outside the box. If you want to take that risk every match you need a 40-man squad over a season.

I like Ederson, much, but this one was nonsense and maybe born by being bored or he was simply missing proper timing after a long break.

Pep wants to control situations and keep his players safe and fit. This action was being high risk for no benefit. That was a full frontal impact on head and neck. Anything could have happened.
If Ederson doesn’t come and clear the ball and the Arsenal player scores are we saying the same thing or would it have been Ederson should’ve done better?

Nobody had it under control. Walker and Fernandinho are too far behind to catch up and it's 50/50 whether Garcia gets done for pace. The only reason Aubameyang stopped was because he could see Ederson was getting there.

Part of the way we play is to keep a big gap behind the defence and Ederson's job is to manage that. And he did.

Collisions are a part of the game, you can't debate that. If you don't want to see more incidents like last night, the Mane red card or any of the other examples then you're going to have to wait until we play a different style of football and defend deeper.

If Ederson doesn’t come and clear the ball and the Arsenal player scores are we saying the same thing or would it have been Ederson should’ve done better?

I have watched the vid 20 times and everything was under control before Ederson decided to go out of position and fly into his own man - at 2-0 and a man up with minutes to go.
Ederson had to receive Garcia's ball and stand where the red player could possibly get to the ball,
definetely not outside the box in THIS situation. Watch it.

Nobody had it under control. Walker and Fernandinho are too far behind to catch up and it's 50/50 whether Garcia gets done for pace. The only reason Aubameyang stopped was because he could see Ederson was getting there.

Part of the way we play is to keep a big gap behind the defence and Ederson's job is to manage that. And he did.

Collisions are a part of the game, you can't debate that. If you don't want to see more incidents like last night, the Mane red card or any of the other examples then you're going to have to wait until we play a different style of football and defend deeper.
Well said. Ederson did exactly what he’s there to do, was bought to do and is coached to do.

I have watched the vid 20 times and everything was under control before Ederson decided to go out of position and fly into his own man - at 2-0 and a man up with minutes to go.
Ederson had to receive Garcia's ball and stand where the red player could possibly get to the ball,
definetely not outside the box in THIS situation. Watch it.

Shame there's no videos from Edersons perspective for you to analyze.

Some absolute bollocks on here, almost as bad as the idiot non-city fans claiming t should have been a red card.

he wasn’t out of position, sweeping is part of his position and the reason why we play such a high line. He saw danger, came to deal with it and did so, nothing reckless in it at all. The collision is nothing but unfortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.