Ederson - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said. Ederson did exactly what he’s there to do, was bought to do and is coached to do.

Ha! It didn't work too well, if they have trained exactly that for years!
If you were right and Pep's order is that the keeper always goes in first Garcia would have stepped aside and blocked the Arsenal player, but he didn't! And Ederson could have shouted in an empty and silent ground but obviously didn't?

I have the impression you lads didn't watch the situation again and generally just like Ederson's brave game - like myself. Garcia was in full control.

Watch it first. There's nothing about perspective, it's about timing. Ederson got this one wrong.
No. Eddie got it right. Garcia was being done for pace. I’ve watched it numerous times and if Eddie had stayed then there is a good chance they would have been through on goal. I do think a little inexperience on Garcia’s part, he clearly didn’t know where his goalkeeper was. These things happen but to call out Eddie for it is harsh imo.

Watch it first. There's nothing about perspective, it's about timing. Ederson got this one wrong.
Don't see how he got it wrong it's his job to mop up balls over the top and he got there in plenty of time. I think your subsequent point about lack of communication is more valid.

No. Eddie got it right. Garcia was being done for pace. I’ve watched it numerous times and if Eddie had stayed then there is a good chance they would have been through on goal. I do think a little inexperience on Garcia’s part, he clearly didn’t know where his goalkeeper was. These things happen but to call out Eddie for it is harsh imo.

Garcia was gonna clear the ball.. arsenal player isnt getting the ball.

Eayqjc6XgAUQlN2

Ederson cleared the ball with perfect timing so he was completely in the right to do it. If he’d cleared Gacía out and missed the ball, then I’d say he was in the wrong, but that’s not what happened.

The ’keeper is looking out at play with vision away from goal. The aim of a team from a defensive point of view is keep the ball away from goal, and that’s exactly what he did. Ederson assesses the situation and cleared the ball - success!

It was just incidental contact. Looked a bad one, but he was alright.

That’d make the highlights of a rugby game as a great hit. Happens in most rugby games and the commentators usually greet those tackles with excitement and joy!

Don't see how he got it wrong it's his job to mop up balls over the top and he got there in plenty of time. I think your subsequent point about lack of communication is more valid.
Don't think its a coincidence the defender with the least experience of playing in front of Ederson was the one hit.

Ederson cleared the ball with perfect timing so he was completely in the right to do it. If he’d cleared Gacía out and missed the ball, then I’d say he was in the wrong, but that’s not what happened.

The ’keeper is looking out at play with vision away from goal. The aim of a team from a defensive point of view is keep the ball away from goal, and that’s exactly what he did. Ederson assesses the situation and cleared the ball - success!

It was just incidental contact. Looked a bad one, but he was alright.

That’d make the highlights of a rugby game as a great hit. Happens in most rugby games and the commentators usually greet those tackles with excitement and joy!
Eddie and Stevo like this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.