Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed he did well last night. What I want to see from Mendy between now & the champs league starting is a string of solid, 7 or 8 out 10 type performances & lot's of game time so he's flying for the Madrid game. No off the field nonsense as well, he has pretty much a guaranteed spot on the team so if he just keeps his head down & works hard we should hopefully start to see the best of him

Like the fact others are positive, because my view was slightly more negative and I want him to be a success.

His passing infield always worries me a bit and I think he is suspect defensively - I think Arsenal where poor.

I don’t know if it is the injuries, tactics, confidence but at his best he was an attacking weapon, so good that his defensive limitations where acceptable.

Without those pace, powerful runs and low swinging crosses. I don’t think he’s good enough for City what he is being asked to do a lot of full backs can do better.

Like the fact others are positive, because my view was slightly more negative and I want him to be a success.

His passing infield always worries me a bit and I think he is suspect defensively - I think Arsenal where poor.

I don’t know if it is the injuries, tactics, confidence but at his best he was an attacking weapon, so good that his defensive limitations where acceptable.

Without those pace, powerful runs and low swinging crosses. I don’t think he’s good enough for City what he is being asked to do a lot of full backs can do better.
See, this point of view intrigues me. Because since he's been back from injury, he hasn't actually done too much going forwards, but been very solid at the back. Particularly when dealing with wingers on the edge of the area and in 50/50s. Plus I've noticed he's very infrequently caught out of position (although he has been on occasion admittedly, but far less than others). He's been very conservative for the most part since his return.

No offence, but I just feel people are judging the guy based off that Liverpool game where he played as a LWB just before his injury and the memory has stuck.

Worth noting we barely conceded any goals in 18/19 before his second big injury layoff. I've seen far more good defensive performances from Mendy than bad ones since he's been here.

Agreed he did well last night. What I want to see from Mendy between now & the champs league starting is a string of solid, 7 or 8 out 10 type performances & lot's of game time so he's flying for the Madrid game. No off the field nonsense as well, he has pretty much a guaranteed spot on the team so if he just keeps his head down & works hard we should hopefully start to see the best of him

Hes unavailable for the Madrid game due to suspension Which is why we will see zinchenko more as we get closer to that game.

I agree. I was more impressed by Tierney than Mendy yesterday.

Looked genuinely fit last night for the first time in ages, thinking about it the Manc Derby October 2018. Solid game too, hope he can build on it and get back some of the form we bought him to deliver here.

Had a good game last night, definitely looks leaner and fitter. He needs to maintain this form for the rest of the season and he can then start to look forward to next season. I get that some fans don't rate him and his injury history is not good, but there is definitely a good player in there as long as he can keep fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.