Arsenal (h) post-match thread

Tyler is 74. To put it into context Motson is the same age and hasn't been anywhere near a live tv broadcast for years. Barry Davies was pulled of football at the age of 66.

Why on earth Sky haven't put him to to grass is anybody's guess.
Age is no excuse he is there puppet and they like it that way

I noticed something that Pep didn’t mention and can’t see that anyone mentioned it in this thread.
In the 1st 20 min when we were sluggish, rusty, off form etc etc we’d just had a thunderstorm and it had been coming down like stair rods. Carragher said it will make the ball zip along and be better for the game.
Well, at the Etihad we control how much water is in the surface as much as possible. We have sprinklers with an excellent drainage system which pumps excess water away.

As good the system is, the ball was not zipping along in the first 20, the rain was holding the ball up, plus the pitch is brand new and they had to get used to it.
Then after 20 min Sterling played a wonderful cross field ball and I could tell that the pitch had dried out sufficiently.

I enjoyed it. Great to see the team back in action, and it looked like the extended break helped a few players, especially Mendy and De Bruyne. It's nice to have a full squad with lots of options.

I noticed something that Pep didn’t mention and can’t see that anyone mentioned it in this thread.
In the 1st 20 min when we were sluggish, rusty, off form etc etc we’d just had a thunderstorm and it had been coming down like stair rods. Carragher said it will make the ball zip along and be better for the game.
Well, at the Etihad we control how much water is in the surface as much as possible. We have sprinklers with an excellent drainage system which pumps excess water away.

As good the system is, the ball was not zipping along in the first 20, the rain was holding the ball up, plus the pitch is brand new and they had to get used to it.
Then after 20 min Sterling played a wonderful cross field ball and I could tell that the pitch had dried out sufficiently.
Brilliant analysis.

Fantastic news. Should satisfy our sponsors to know that they will still be getting the exposure they expect for their cash. Last thing we need is our commercial arm suffering too much with no matchday or hospitality revenue being generated.
I think it was more being the first day back for the prem

I think it was more being the first day back for the prem

No doubt, but with record viewing figures for a non decisive game this bodes very well for the clubs ability to generate revenue whilst behind closed doors. Extra advertising space aswell on the seats, should keep ffp at bay anyway

Great that all those who had written it off before it had even been played have started changing their minds. 3 months off so still not match sharp and it's still great to watch

One of the reasons I enjoyed that 5-0 victory so, so much. It's in history books now. And Mr Tyler can do nothing about it...
That’s all well and good but it’s quite clear that despite us winning 5-0, Liverpool were by far the better team up until the red card.

Indeed, they were 3-1 up at the time of the incident.

Was a bit sceptical beforehand,but I must say I thought we were great,all that talk of Peps not really up for it blah blah was just media bullsht as usual.He is a true professional, and considering recent events, he and the players were as ready as possible. The things that I hadnt missed during the lockdown(annoying punditry and controversy) were both back before a goal had been scored.I have posted my thoughts about Sheffields goal not standing on another thread. The punditry bias in our game was evident from minute one!! Stering not scored this year drummed into you multiple times,Arse havnt lost this year graphic shown/drummed into you multiple times.Probably because sky think more viewers will want us to lose so give em hope,then when it was obvious we were gonna win, a graphic pops up showing that arse have not got a single point off top six this season.WTF!!!! they are happy to make themselves look like twats just to try and please viewers whose team isnt even playing. Sky and co should be grateful of their position of being able to show this sport to the world,but no, they have to be twats, the sooner a decent tv outlet usurps them the better( and that definitely isnt the fcking bbc).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.