#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever he's on the ball or approaching the box you just get the feeling that he's going to make something happen rather than simply facilitating others. Kev is the only other midfielder we've got right now who gives me that feeling.

Yeah - he’s got everything Bernardo has, but is far more effective; he’s got to be ahead of him in the pecking order now, to develop enough to neutralise the impact of KDB injuries/eventual departure.

When he picks up the ball deep and charges forward he reminds me of Yaya.

He needs to be selective with it though - he’s not built like Yaya, so will end up crocked like Wilshere or Gascoigne if he invites too many tackles in midfield.

Last night he was releasing the ball earlier, and following his pass rather than closing his own space by naively dribbling into it - a real sign of maturity, and an indicator that he’s maturing in his football IQ, as well as physically.

Yeah - he’s got everything Bernardo has, but is far more effective; he’s got to be ahead of him in the pecking order now, to develop enough to neutralise the impact of KDB injuries/eventual departure.

He needs to be selective with it though - he’s not built like Yaya, so will end up crocked like Wilshere or Gascoigne if he invites too many tackles in midfield.

Last night he was releasing the ball earlier, and following his pass rather than closing his own space by naively dribbling into it - a real sign of maturity, and an indicator that he’s maturing in his football IQ, as well as physically.

What gives you that impression? Cos he's English and smallish? Can't really find any justification for the comparison. He's not that weak. He's clearly growing into his frame. Why not compare him to Messi, or Bernardo, or Silva? Small players who invite countless tackles and haven't been crocks at any point.

I may have been seeing things but he looked Taller, stronger & faster. When he came on he made his presence felt,always looking for the ball & finished off with a goal. I'm sure he will get plenty of minutes over the remaining games & next season he will be a shoe in for starting many games.

Looks much bigger in stature to me. His shoulders are definitely naturally wider than his debut back then. Just growing isn't he. He'll be a solid lad with no physical problems at all by the time he's 21.

Think Phil could become a real versatile force across the attack. Can be the playmaker, the KDB type midfielder, can be effective wide, tucked in behind the striker. They call him the Stockport Iniesta but genuinely think he's more the Stockport Messi. Tiny but a good bit of strength, loves the ball at his feet and going for goal and creating for others. Loved his cameo and a well deserved goal - believe his first in the league this season - he loves scoring against North London teams!

he is a mix of Silva and KDB - the way he moves forward witht he ball at pace is fantastic, his ability to ride challenges as well

The one thing he has over D.Silva (who i believe ie the best player to EVER lay for city) is his instinct for a goal and his shooting ability
Have you just noticed all this ? It waa evident on his debut 4 years ago .
Another thing you may hve missed ..he is two footed.very few players are.That is why he is confident in front of goal.David Silva is not.This lads careeer has been hampered while we do the showbiz wave the big star off thing.no room for sentiment in football.Foden is absolute quality ,and has been held back,his goals could have narrowed the silly gap at the top of the table this season.
What a waste.(ian dury)

Have you just noticed all this ? It waa evident on his debut 4 years ago .
Another thing you may hve missed ..he is two footed.very few players are.That is why he is confident in front of goal.David Silva is not.This lads careeer has been hampered while we do the showbiz wave the big star off thing.no room for sentiment in football.Foden is absolute quality ,and has been held back,his goals could have narrowed the silly gap at the top of the table this season.
What a waste.(ian dury)

No i haveny just noticed it....just thought id comment on it again...ive mentioned his shooting in particular before

Love Melrin to bits and he deserves the best send off possible , but not at the expense of Foden , hard as it is to say , right now Foden is the better player , let Merlin lift big ears in Lisbon in August as captain even if he has to come on as sub , that's the best tribute we could pay him , but let Foden play the last few Premier league games he's 100% ready for the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.