UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it just me or wasn’t the referral to CAS only to look at one subject only;

Did Waffa follow their own procedures in a fair unbiased manner ?

This would mean all previous comments about sponsorship deals, what ifs, how it’s considered are not in fact under review - it’s just a review that says ‘yes you followed your own rules or no you didn’t apply them fairly’ ?

Or is that too simplistic a view of this?

This would mean all previous comments about sponsorship deals, what ifs, how it’s considered are not in fact under review - it’s just a review that says ‘yes you followed your own rules or no you didn’t apply them fairly’ ?

Or is that too simplistic a view of this
?

From what I can gather, yes it seems so, the case is being heard " de novo(tel, motel, holiday iiiiiiiiiiiiiinn), so in effect, UEFA CAN ride roughshod over their own procedures, guidelines and rules to punish you, and if the other party take it to CAS, then UEFA's transgressions to get there will/can be ignored.

That's pretty much as I understand it anyway mate.

Or is that too simplistic a view of this?

It won’t help their case if they didn’t follow procedures correctly but we are trying to prove that we didn’t cheat and that’s what CAS will rule on.

There next assault will be on limiting the number of clubs you can have an Interest in - they are terrified by our business model which, ultimately will see us overwhelm the G14 clubs - in their opinion we have to be stopped by any means.

True
Already limiting loan deals aren’t they
That is just to stop Chelsea and us from getting best young talent and loaning/selling in for a profit

Basically they want the big clubs to be protected by the big sponsorship income by preventing any other income sources
Basically you have a great business plan and are debt free, uefa day fuck that that’s not fair play!

I think they are just clearing the way for City to be found not guilty.

The timing would be dodgier if they found us guilty and then a week later suspended FFP!

I honestly don’t think that there is any link whatsoever to our case and I honestly don’t think it’s being done to help out the so-called cartel clubs either. I’m suspicious of a lot of things that UEFA do but this pandemic has had a huge financial impact on ALL football clubs - big and small, cartel and non-cartel - so it was obvious that they would have to do something with regards to the FFP regs, otherwise there might be a situation where they end up banning every fucking club in Europe for failing to meet the break-even requirement!

For months now I have been saying that FFP should be abolished. It should be replaced with a system that I call COP. Which stands for CAN OWNERS PAY. This means that all owners of clubs have to pass a test that should a bank or any company coming calling for their debts to be paid. The owners will have sufficient funds in their own bank account/s to pay of either all of the debt that is due, or most off it to keep the debtors happy with this payment.

The situation as it stands is that clubs like Man Utd, Barcelona, and Real Madrid are heavily in debt yet every year they some how pass FFP. Why surely if their debt has gone up they must have surely failed FFP. The only reason I can see is that they need these clubs in the European Comps run by UEFA to keep the TV broadcasters happy.

What would the Champions League look like if UEFA had to ban the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid etc. from the Champions League for failing FFP. It would surely open up all the groups and they could possibly have a new winner of the cup. Wait now we cannot be having that. We that is UEFA cannot be having a new Champions League winner that is just not right. We have to at all costs make sure that who ever wins the Champions League has won it already.

Salary cap
Limit number of transfers
Limit transfer fees
Even money distribution throughout leagues
No champions league
Half gate receipts
There’s a load of ffp measures that night make it fair
No chance if any though, tells you what they really think

The chances of them addressing debt are zero given the debt these clubs carry due to their business models.

FFP is about stopping competition and has nothing to do with giving a shit about saving clubs from going under.
If debt can be serviced via income then no threat from the way cash is provided.
Banks tend to want customers to show that they don't need a further loan before they agree so somewhere there is a need for a guarantor.
In that case is the guarantor considered a related party?

From what I can gather, yes it seems so, the case is being heard " de novo(tel, motel, holiday iiiiiiiiiiiiiinn), so in effect, UEFA CAN ride roughshod over their own procedures, guidelines and rules to punish you, and if the other party take it to CAS, then UEFA's transgressions to get there will/can be ignored.

That's pretty much as I understand it anyway mate.
I don't think that's quite right, "de novo" means reviewing the case from scratch so that all previous evidence is still admissible and CAS can review all the facts and the procedures involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.