Season ticket payments - refunds/credits due by June 19th

They can't do that, there's a specific process for refunding DD payments - City can't bypass that, it has to go through the relevant banking procedure which has up to 14 working days to move the money into our accounts.

...but it doesn't have to be done as a direct debit refund.

They have the relevant sort codes and account numbers so they could easily action bank transfers.

The original email said "we anticipate that all supporters will have received their refund payment by no later than Friday 19th June".
Ah ok, I only recall the one “If we do not hear from you, we will proceed with the refund process as detailed below with a view to ensuring that all refunds have been processed no later than Friday 19th June 2020”.

We should all have the money back in the next two weeks either way, hopefully everyone can remain patient and haven’t banked on receiving to pay anything

Reactions: Ric
They can't do that, there's a specific process for refunding DD payments - City can't bypass that, it has to go through the relevant banking procedure which has up to 14 working days to move the money into our accounts.
And thats why I answered someone elses post by stating that "processed" doesn`t mean "into your account by ...".As you say it takes time to clear, with some banks more speedier than others.

I used to work in banking, and submitted hundreds of DD refunds, (none of which took more than 3 days, unless there was a specific complication, such as a change of bank details)

However, having re-read my email, there is an ambiguity regarding the use of the word "account", which I now believe refers to my seasoncard account and not my bank account.

Therefore, I suspect the "15 working days" refers to the length of time it will take to process 40,000 individual refunds manually, rather than the length of the actual transaction itself.

However, I can only speak for my email, as judging from other responses, there appears to be more than one

I used to work in banking, and submitted hundreds of DD refunds, (none of which took more than 3 days, unless there was a specific complication, such as a change of bank details)

However, having re-read my email, there is an ambiguity regarding the use of the word "account", which I now believe refers to my seasoncard account and not my bank account.

Therefore, I suspect the "15 working days" refers to the length of time it will take to process 40,000 individual refunds manually, rather than the length of the actual transaction itself.

However, I can only speak for my email, as judging from other responses, there appears to be more than one

If the payments were to arrive today, would you expect them to be in already or could they arrive at any time?

It's pretty confusing how they've gone about this. I paid for both mine and my son's season tickets, which were £595 and £135 respectively. So far, I've had four payments of £21.58, three payments of £31.32 and one payment of £38.43. I haven't had any emails regarding these payments though to explain them.

Collectively, that amounts to £218.71 but if they're calculating it pro-rata (i.e. price of season card/19 x 6) then we should be due £230.52. Not that bothered about a tenner, but can't work out the logic behind how this has been done, unless I'm missing something?

The up to 14-day period for the money to land in the customer's account is referenced in this link re claiming DD refunds and I believe this is what City's email refers to.

https://www.debitfinance.co.uk/blog/what-is-direct-debit-reversal/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.