Bundesliga 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Mainz victory was not particularly helpful to either Bremen or Fortuna's chances of survival.

I think after the last years it is definitely Bremen´s time running out this season. They have been on the brink of relegation for a couple of seasons in a row, but they somehow always managed to avoid it and their home crowd was a big factor in those seasons.

Now with the whole pandemic going they cant rely on their fans to carry them and I feel like they might be doing a "Nürnberg" or even worse...getting relegated to Buli 2nd and then eventually stay there for a couple of seasons or even worse disappear into the 3rd division.

Again crazy to think what happened to them...they were constantly challenging Bayern, played amazingly well in Europe, where always a cup contender and had some incredible players over the years. Just shows how fragile success is in the Bundesliga. Outside of Bayern not a single team is set up good enough to handle a bad spell or bad transfer decisions. Schalke is yet another sample...

It’s the same in Italy and France. Not healthy for a league to have one club so dominant. Must be depressing for other fans knowing that the title is preordained every season. Nothing will change unless FFP is scrapped.

It’s the same in Italy and France. Not healthy for a league to have one club so dominant. Must be depressing for other fans knowing that the title is preordained every season. Nothing will change unless FFP is scrapped.

I don't think FFP being scrapped will actually fix it. I can't see many investors looking at France and thinking they want to compete with QSI for titles. Having a mega-billionaire backing every single side isn't going to happen.

And even if a few pop up, it just turns the leagues into Formula 1, where you have 3 teams competing for the title, 4 teams just treading water, and 3 teams desperately trying to survive bankruptcy.

I think if you want more winners, teams ebbing and flowing like they used to before TV money came into football, you need to have financial controls as seen in Rugby or American sports.

...but that just taps into this bizarre mindset a lot football fans have, where they will complain bitterly about the status quo and the direction the game has gone, but also declare anything that might fix it is killing football.

Last edited:
Is that Bayern's 8th title in a row in the Bundesliga........ffp doing its job to keep them established at the top

Pathetic

The other teams had enough chances the last three years as Bayern was in crisis mode at the beginning of each season. But they bottled that...

The other teams had enough chances the last three years as Bayern was in crisis mode at the beginning of each season. But they bottled that...
How Favre has clung to his job is beyond me. The money they’ve spent and the players they’ve got but somehow, they never manage to win a game that you don’t expect them to.

They’re becoming the Tottenham of Germany.

They’ll finish 2nd or 3rd, lose to Bayern home and away, go through the Champions League group and then get beaten by the first team that seem to be a match for them.

Meanwhile, Favre stands there looking gormless. I reckon a lot of top managers would be interested in that job. I had a feeling Pochettino was destined for Dortmund but he’ll be back in the Premier League as soon as a decent job becomes available.

Just noticed Hamburg got beat by Heidenheim at the weekend. Pretty disgraceful if they don't finish in the top 3 given their budget. Comes down to the last day though.

I've not been to Heidenheim before, so there could be a new Bundesliga ground for me to visit next season for the first time in a few years.

Looks like the Nord-derby could return next year though, just in Buli 2.

Just noticed Hamburg got beat by Heidenheim at the weekend. Pretty disgraceful if they don't finish in the top 3 given their budget. Comes down to the last day though.

I've not been to Heidenheim before, so there could be a new Bundesliga ground for me to visit next season for the first time in a few years.

Looks like the Nord-derby could return next year though, just in Buli 2.
Will you piss off with your seductive talk of Bundesliga games and grounds that is likely
to lure me over there time after time? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.