UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find our owner a bit of a mystery really. I would expect a top Arab bloke like him to be very proud, and to have a high concept of his own honour. He is of course, almost unimaginably rich and very powerful in the wider world.

For such a bloke, he seems to be willing to swallow an awful lot of shit. Maybe he's playing a long game. Maybe it's tactical. Maybe his snapping-point will come. Or maybe he's doesn't deign to climb down into the gutter with these scum.

I think until now, he's tried to maintain a dignified silence, kept his own council (in the public arena) and stayed classy, that's always been my over-riding impression of SM , Karl , and basically all the individuals connected to him. I have, however, just noticed PB's comment about the snapping point, I'd like to hear more about that, PB ?

I find our owner a bit of a mystery really. I would expect a top Arab bloke like him to be very proud, and to have a high concept of his own honour. He is of course, almost unimaginably rich and very powerful in the wider world.

For such a bloke, he seems to be willing to swallow an awful lot of shit. Maybe he's playing a long game. Maybe it's tactical. Maybe his snapping-point will come. Or maybe he's doesn't deign to climb down into the gutter with these scum.

Its complicated constantly suing people looks very bad for especially on borderline issues which the media would portray as him acting as he does in his own country when it comes to political protest. Second he wont be watching listening to the same crap we are. Also so far we are guilty according to UEFA and we have already settled once and whilst that was technically not an admission of guilt and if we where more proactive we could better explain the changes that court us out and the reasons behind FFP in the first place that original settlement does make us look guilty. Even if cleared what is it that the media have done that we can sue for there been plenty of bias and suggestion and to us UEFA case does not stack up because of the amount of auditing, supervision and inspection we have faced in the past and the implications of what UEFA are hinting we have done and the potential legal implications but it is some what understandable that UEFA are believed in the media (and it may still be the case that UEFA win) To do what they have done without strong evidence is amazing and the emails do look bad and we have settled for breaching before and big questions where rightly or wrongly raised over the size of some of our commercial deals at the time

So ffp suspended for just 12 months means really you can’t spend to big if you have to comply a year later!

Is it not more about balancing the lack of income, by spreading the spending now over a period when income starts to return?

No it doesn't. Just read up on what's happened.

All this does is spread out the max yearly losses over 2 years. So you can make a loss that would breach FFP this year as long as you make up for it next year.

but they have a free year and gives them time to sign players ?? the whole thing is a sham and you watch barca/ madrid will sign 5 or 6 players this summer and we will be talking big signings. so why the need of a loan ?? just pay it back before any new signings are made or close the transfer market to them

Or the Boston Sports Company Warrior gave LFC the biggest kit deal in League history when the Dippers weren’t even in the CL - was that fair value?

Ahh that was different, that was a foreign brand overpaying to launch itself as a presence and name in the UK. Which is totally fair.

Unless that brand is Etihad.

but they have a free year and gives them time to sign players ?? the whole thing is a sham and you watch barca/ madrid will sign 5 or 6 players this summer and we will be talking big signings. so why the need of a loan ?? just pay it back before any new signings are made or close the transfer market to them

No, it's not a free year.

This year is just merged into next. So if you spend 100m this year, you have to make it all up next year to balance things out. in 2022 they'll be looking at 2019, [2020+2021] and 2022 as the reporting years.

Lost revenue that can be directly attributed to the pandemic (match day, broadcast differences year on year) can be made up through owner investment or loans, but not spending like transfers.

Was it just me or wasn’t the referral to CAS only to look at one subject only;

Did Waffa follow their own procedures in a fair unbiased manner ?

This would mean all previous comments about sponsorship deals, what ifs, how it’s considered are not in fact under review - it’s just a review that says ‘yes you followed your own rules or no you didn’t apply them fairly’ ?

Or is that too simplistic a view of this?

In simplistic terms, we are trying to challenge the decision Uefa reached. Whether that is through not properly following their procedures, following their procedures but coming to the wrong conclusion, through misunderstanding the evidence, being deliberately selective or unfair, or anything else. CAS will look at anything put in front of them, that is their duty, to ensure a fair say is afforded to us.

Or the Boston Sports Company Warrior gave LFC the biggest kit deal in League history when the Dippers weren’t even in the CL - was that fair value?
We know what the second highest bid was in that case and it was significantly less than Warrior's. Then it turned out that Warrior couldn't fulfil their obligations as they didn't have the distriubution outlets. And that deal was only for kit, not leisure wear, so was totally overvalued.

No, it's not a free year.

This year is just merged into next. So if you spend 100m this year, you have to make it all up next year to balance things out. in 2022 they'll be looking at 2019, [2020+2021] and 2022 as the reporting years.

Lost revenue that can be directly attributed to the pandemic (match day, broadcast differences year on year) can be made up through owner investment or loans, but not spending like transfers.

I didn't realise they were allowing owner investment to make up for lost revenue, good news for City.

Do you have a link dom?

Yes, it could be cut and dried based on a technicality, but going off the communications from the club I don't think we had any clear procedural breaches to exploit. If that had been the case we wouldn't have had to go to CAS for a second time.

The first cas appeal was because uefa had previously attempted to kick out an appeal made at this stage saying it should have been appealed earlier. So cas agreed that we needed to appeal because uefas rules weren't clear on when we needed to appeal and they had previously argued against appeals at final stages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.