Season ticket payments - refunds/credits due by June 19th

City were processing other refunds 2/3 weeks ago which were not DD, so left the longest until last. They could have just paid us back like they do for selling on the exchange BACS into our banks.
Not sure your claim is correct as I haven't heard a peep other than the generic email weeks ago. I paid in full when purchased

Judging from my Real Madrid refund, (which seemed to arrive unannounced quite late on a Friday), I suspect that they are submitting manual one-off payments, and this is taking longer than they originally anticipated.

Also,I normally make 10 payments of £74, but I've actually been promised a refund of £282.50. which is reasonably close to the figure I'd calculated.
However, despite their communication suggesting otherwise, this is not a refunded direct debit. It's just a manual refund, not dissimilar to the one I received within 48 hours after informing the Ticket Office that I couldn't attend the hastily rearranged West Ham game.
The big difference, is that 40,000 seasoncard holders are also expecting a refund, and I suspect the whole process is just too time consuming
This wouldn't have been a major problem if their original email had been more accurate, and not made a commitment that they couldn't keep.
Unless I'm missing something, you should be getting 233.68?
740/19x6=233.68.

You think wrong. Payments have to be refunded the way they came, so Direct Debits have to be refunded via the DD process, Credit Card via that refund process, etc. Plus it's not just a case of moving the money. They will have ot be able to calculate the refund, which is functionality probably not built into SeatGeek. Also the ticket system/payment system and the numerous other system interfaces tend to work one way, not backwards. This process will have to end with about 20 systems in sync, which is no mean task.

Judging from my Real Madrid refund, (which seemed to arrive unannounced quite late on a Friday), I suspect that they are submitting manual one-off payments, and this is taking longer than they originally anticipated.

Also,I normally make 10 payments of £74, but I've actually been promised a refund of £282.50. which is reasonably close to the figure I'd calculated.
However, despite their communication suggesting otherwise, this is not a refunded direct debit. It's just a manual refund, not dissimilar to the one I received within 48 hours after informing the Ticket Office that I couldn't attend the hastily rearranged West Ham game.
The big difference, is that 40,000 seasoncard holders are also expecting a refund, and I suspect the whole process is just too time consuming
This wouldn't have been a major problem if their original email had been more accurate, and not made a commitment that they couldn't keep.

...one of you is wrong... probably its the one of you with 'insider information' who's been wrong on every post they've made regarding punishment for the dippers hacking and punishment for us regarding the uefa investigation...

You think wrong. Payments have to be refunded the way they came, so Direct Debits have to be refunded via the DD process, Credit Card via that refund process, etc. Plus it's not just a case of moving the money. They will have ot be able to calculate the refund, which is functionality probably not built into SeatGeek. Also the ticket system/payment system and the numerous other system interfaces tend to work one way, not backwards. This process will have to end with about 20 systems in sync, which is no mean task.

These are not DD refunds. Read the email. They are for matches not attended due COVID 19.

Unless I'm missing something, you should be getting 233.68?
740/19x6=233.68.

Exactly.
That's what I meant by reasonably close, as somehow they've arrived at £282.20

However, I have no wish to get involved in a slanging match between PB and CM1969, so this will be my last post on the matter.
In the meantime, I hope everyone receives their refund (regardless of which system City use), and hopefully as soon as possible.

I've just re-read my email that I received on Tuesday re. refunds due but why in God's name does it take up to 15 working days to happen. That's 3 bloody weeks!!

I'm not blaming the club but the banking system. And it's not even the money per se but the bloody principle.

I've just re-read my email that I received on Tuesday re. refunds due but why in God's name does it take up to 15 working days to happen. That's 3 bloody weeks!!

I'm not blaming the club but the banking system. And it's not even the money per se but the bloody principle.
Doubt it's the banking system, usually payments are immediate these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.