General Videogame Thread

Anyone got first impressions on TLOU2 yet?

Only a few hours in myself. Had a red dead 2 feel to the start of it. Way too long with cutscenes and just following people around whilst they talk to set the scene for the rest of the game. Understandable they had to do it but it lasted too long before you actually got into the meat of the game. Not too much to say on the game so far, gameplay is much the same as expected, the level of detail is fantastic and typical of naughty dog. I’m taking it slowly, exploring everywhere reading everything to really get the most out of it. I don’t usually bother reading every little collectible etc but I feel not to do so in this is doing the game a disservice.

Never bought a launch day console before, but my son will be 7 by christmas so at that one big presant stage. Can anyone hazard a guess how much the PS5 will cost, and how much do they usually drop in price in 12 months?

Are there many games that a 7 year old can play. My son played mine craft solid from 7 - 8

Are there many games that a 7 year old can play. My son played mine craft solid from 7 - 8
My son is 9 and all he cares about is fortnite. He had a spell with LEGO dimensions which is a good game for younger ones but once he discovered fortnite that was it.

What are the hardest video game bosses or scenarios you have come up against?

Firstly: Call of Duty: MW - Mile High Club
The plane mission on Veteran, playing on PC. This was an absolutely unreal level of difficulty. Every single bullet had to be a near perfect head shot and you only have 50 secs to clear two levels of the plane. The playing speed you have to go at is absolutely mental. Played it a bit later on a console and it was much easier.

2. The Kayren - Witcher 2
Absolute bloody nightmare of a boss that essentially kills you in one shot. Once you get hit it sets off a chain reaction of hits that's near impossible to avoid. The fight lasts for ages, so its quite some time to be playing near perfect.

3. Flameth - Dragonage Origins
Just a horrible nasty bastard of a boss that could kill your entire party in 1 unlucky move and needed a ridiculous amount of healing potion spam.

4. Radio Control Helicopter - GTA Vice City
Probably the most infuriating level of any game due to the fact the controls were so clunky and shit. If I remember rightly, this cost me a controller.

5. Metal Gear Solid 2(?) Sons of Liberty - Metal Gear Rex
There are a good number of solid bosses in this series (Phscho Mantis, Liquid Snake) but the one I remember was fighting all of the Metal Gear Rex's. Absolutely brutal, took what felt like hours and the bustards kept coming one after the other. This needed a sequence of near perfect, shoot and doge manoeuvres.

What are the hardest video game bosses or scenarios you have come up against?

Firstly: Call of Duty: MW - Mile High Club
The plane mission on Veteran, playing on PC. This was an absolutely unreal level of difficulty. Every single bullet had to be a near perfect head shot and you only have 50 secs to clear two levels of the plane. The playing speed you have to go at is absolutely mental. Played it a bit later on a console and it was much easier.

2. The Kayren - Witcher 2
Absolute bloody nightmare of a boss that essentially kills you in one shot. Once you get hit it sets off a chain reaction of hits that's near impossible to avoid. The fight lasts for ages, so its quite some time to be playing near perfect.

3. Flameth - Dragonage Origins
Just a horrible nasty bastard of a boss that could kill your entire party in 1 unlucky move and needed a ridiculous amount of healing potion spam.

4. Radio Control Helicopter - GTA Vice City
Probably the most infuriating level of any game due to the fact the controls were so clunky and shit. If I remember rightly, this cost me a controller.

5. Metal Gear Solid 2(?) Sons of Liberty - Metal Gear Rex
There are a good number of solid bosses in this series (Phscho Mantis, Liquid Snake) but the one I remember was fighting all of the Metal Gear Rex's. Absolutely brutal, took what felt like hours and the bustards kept coming one after the other. This needed a sequence of near perfect, shoot and doge manoeuvres.

Felt good doing that mile high club.
I've even took on Ultima Weapon.
But for me, any boss on Sekiro is the hardest.
Probably the most stressful experience I've ever had, but when you master it and it literally clicks, it is magnificent

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.