UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a manager at a club as successful as Ferguson who ran everything for 25 years is both a blessing and a curse. I’m not going to argue about United’s domestic domination during that period, but I would say overall they should have done better in Europe during that period. Towards the end of Ferguson’s reign you could see them becoming less and less effective in European competitions as the way European clubs were structured, changed. As Barcelona beat them 3-1 at Wembley you could see United looked like an out of date, waning empire both on and off the pitch in comparison with their opponents.

From their perspective (United fans), you’d have been looking to see the beginnings of a structure put in place that could be “switched on” when Ferguson retired. A plan if you like. A recognition that what they had was great, but times had changed.

Instead they employed Fergie MKII (so they hoped), David Moyes. Unsurprisingly it was a disaster and nothing have done has felt like a coherent strategy for them since. The football world moved on and they didn’t. I’m not saying they’re going anywhere but unless something changes for them, they could endure a Liverpool style wait for another Premier League title.

The best thing about United 2013-present is knowing that all their problems stem from Alex Fergusson being such a twat that his billionaire former friend sold the club down the river to spite him.

I find our owner a bit of a mystery really. I would expect a top Arab bloke like him to be very proud, and to have a high concept of his own honour. He is of course, almost unimaginably rich and very powerful in the wider world.

For such a bloke, he seems to be willing to swallow an awful lot of shit. Maybe he's playing a long game. Maybe it's tactical. Maybe his snapping-point will come. Or maybe he's doesn't deign to climb down into the gutter with these scum.
Money talks Wealth whispers

The first cas appeal was because uefa had previously attempted to kick out an appeal made at this stage saying it should have been appealed earlier. So cas agreed that we needed to appeal because uefas rules weren't clear on when we needed to appeal and they had previously argued against appeals at final stages
That’s very appealing

Interesting that you think we are part of the problem. That's what Tebag and Bayern say. Still, it makes more sense than the post BTL in the Grauniad yesterday that claimed lack of competition was the fault of fans for supporting the more successful teams.

I’m not sure there’s too much in the way of “we” with that one. 20 odd posts to his name.....

Not seen this mentioned yet, and it’s perhaps not hugely relevant to our case, but thought it was worth sharing anyway:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.