COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weather has been poor over the last two weeks - not sunny enough to minimise viral transmission. A load of arseholes have been protesting in the street during a pandemic. The youth no longer even pretend to keep social distancing. Shopping takes place without social distancing being bothered with.
Considering this, R not increasing is phenomenal. Being below 1 the number of actial cases fell (see ONS survey not daily cases).

Now, hears the thing 4 near packing plants in Kirkless, Leicester and Wales (2) are currently experiencing outbreaks. As are bigger plants in Germany, China, Spain, USA and Canada and elsewhere. The worrying thing about this is the temperature in these places. 12⁰ C - Yes late autumn through to March in the UK. Perfect conditions for the spread of Covid-19. Anyone who thinks this virus is done needs to give their head a wobble.
Sounds plausible, and I'm sure the bods must be on this, too much of a coincidence for there not truth in this. I'm coming to the view now taht in general circulation the virus is losing it's potency, as alluded to by the Italian scientists.

The weather has been poor over the last two weeks - not sunny enough to minimise viral transmission. A load of arseholes have been protesting in the street during a pandemic. The youth no longer even pretend to keep social distancing. Shopping takes place without social distancing being bothered with.
Considering this, R not increasing is phenomenal. Being below 1 the number of actial cases fell (see ONS survey not daily cases).

Now, hears the thing 4 near packing plants in Kirkless, Leicester and Wales (2) are currently experiencing outbreaks. As are bigger plants in Germany, China, Spain, USA and Canada and elsewhere. The worrying thing about this is the temperature in these places. 12⁰ C - Yes late autumn through to March in the UK. Perfect conditions for the spread of Covid-19. Anyone who thinks this virus is done needs to give their head a wobble.

Do you have the link with regards to Spain?

No need to, the Bluemoon experts have already ruled this out.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...re-flu-cases-than-usual-in-december-fm869vt70

Articles like this are making me question them more and more every day though.

There are so many conflicting reports from different sources it's hard to keep track of how this virus started, how many people have got it and how many people have died of it.

Now we look like we are coming out of lockdown for real nobody is taking a firm lead because I genuinely believe nobody seems to know what they are doing.

SEOUL, June 19 (Yonhap) -- South Korea, still stuck in the first wave of the coronavirus outbreak, is on alert over another potential round of virus infections in the summer, as the virus has been spreading faster than expected even during hot weather.

The country's virus cases have been on a steady rise this month. The number of new infections reached 754 in the first 17 days of June, already surpassing 729 cases in total reported in May, according to the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC).

The country reported 38 more additional cases on June 9 when the season's first heat wave advisory was issued in Seoul.

South Korea has successfully flattened the virus curve, but the country has been grappling with a continued increase in cluster infections in the greater Seoul area since it relaxed social distancing in early May.

A respiratory virus usually proliferates when the weather is cold and dry as its survival largely depends on changes in temperature and humidity. People are more susceptible to infection as the immune system weakens in the winter.

SARS, the virus that is genetically similar to COVID-19, showed this pattern. It emerged in mid-November in 2002 in China and was brought under control in July 2003.

Experts said though hot weather may slow COVID-19 outbreaks, its spread may stretch into the summer given its transmission speed.

"Most people do not have immunity against the virus, so a second wave of mass infections could spring up at any time before fall comes," said Choi Won-suk, a professor of the Infectious Disease Division at Korea University Ansan Hospital.

Against this backdrop, asymptomatic, "silent" virus spreaders will be one of key challenges for health authorities as such patients spread the virus unwittingly.

Health authorities said infection risks linger in the summer, as people tend to partake in indoor activities to avoid the heat.

"As long as people continue to have contact with others in cramped spaces, we think the pandemic will likely persist," KCDC Director Jeong Eun-kyeong said in a briefing.

South Korea reported 49 new cases Friday, including 32 local infections, raising the total caseload to 12,306, according to the KCDC.

Anyone else got the COVID-19 Exposure Logging in their iPhone? My brother sent me a screenshot of his phone and lo and behold it’s in mine too (settings >privacy>health).
Added on a recent update I guess...

Now we look like we are coming out of lockdown for real nobody is taking a firm lead because I genuinely believe nobody seems to know what they are doing.

We're not being vaccinated, we're not socially distancing, so it could very well mean that the upshot of all this is that lockdown was completely pointless in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.