Post QPR Celebrations

The second win resonated more.

It showed we had made it rather than a one off fluke.

Yep, got back off M56 and stopped at lights and big car pulled up alongside, it was Ballotelli and he wound his windows down so he could cheer at us honking our horns, he still had his kit and medal on :)

then went pub for a meal and got pissed

That sounds pretty cheap.
You're telling me! Had a bit more than that on me just in case, but nobody really knew what was going to happen; at that stage of course, I just wanted to be in to cheers us on and (hopefully) enjoy the day.

I had been hanging around for about 10-15 mins with said photographer - don't know if we were making too conspicuous a grouping all together or it was his last ticket, but I recall hearing the tout saying to his mate something like 'let's get this one sorted first and then we'll be good.'

I am a Manc exiled in Belfast, so it was a £400 online tout ticket for me. Certainly worth every penny. A couple of pints outside the ground before the match feeling unusually confident. All of course had changed by around 85 minutes when I had given up all hope. The goals, celebrations and trophy lift were all a bit of a daze. I dandered in to town to watch the hordes celebrate and then jumped a taxi to meet up with two cousins in The Friendship in Fallowfield. One of them was already banjoed. You may remember the City fan who appeared on Sky Sports News the Monday before the QPR match with a City PL Champions t-shirt on, telling the world it was all over? Well, that was my cousin. Was he one relieved man by close of play on that final day. Pretty chaotic in the Friendship as I remember. But I had enough about me to realise that rather than stand for 30 minutes at the thronged bar, getting a round in was far easier if I crossed the road to the much quieter Spoons pub and simply came back over the road, dodging black taxis, with three pints in hands and bottles of beer in various back pockets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.