Who's your Greatest Bass player ever

Here’s another great video... it’s actually a long winded intro

Haha, I was gonna post that vid as my original but i thought it might be a bit to long... Also Geddy is not only the greatest Bass player but also sings and is a brilliant Keyboardist.

Can't pick (no pun intended), but, favourites are

Mike Rutherford, almost plays it like a lead guitar. His fretwork for "I know what I like " shows this

Entwistle

Squire is very "funky"

John Deacon.

and finally, NO LAUGHING AT THE BACK
Nick Beggs, formally of Kajagoogoo...I SAID NO LAUGHING.
He used to be the bassist for Steve Hackett tours, and I saw him 10 years ago at The Academy on Oxford Rd. He was unbelievably good, if not brilliant.
Not laughing; Beggs is a top bassist, ever present in Steven Wilson's live/studio set up.

Can't pick (no pun intended), but, favourites are

Mike Rutherford, almost plays it like a lead guitar. His fretwork for "I know what I like " shows this

Entwistle

Squire is very "funky"

John Deacon. *

and finally, NO LAUGHING AT THE BACK
Nick Beggs, formally of Kajagoogoo...I SAID NO LAUGHING.
He used to be the bassist for Steve Hackett tours, and I saw him 10 years ago at The Academy on Oxford Rd. He was unbelievably good, if not brilliant.

* Great shout, so so underrated.

Not necessarily the greatest but surely ex-PIL bass player Jah Wobble is deserving of an honourable mention.

Pastorius would get my vote. His playing on Joni Mitchell's live album Shadows and Light is mesmerising.

For anyone curious about the guy, his Wikipedia entry is worth a look. I had no idea how utterly dysfunctional the guy was when it came to his personal life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.