Forgotten Clubs

Hopefully, Leyton Orient don't become a part of this list. For no particular reason, I have a fondness for them.
There's a great story around them all signing up for WW1 knocking about which I heard Bob Mills (who being an Orient fan is perhaps a reason usually not to like them) tell in the days where I'd listen to talkragshite's Murray show whilst exercising.

There's a great story around them all signing up for WW1 knocking about which I heard Bob Mills (who being an Orient fan is perhaps a reason usually not to like them) tell in the days where I'd listen to talkragshite's Murray show whilst exercising.
Had a look online for the story. Thank you! Beyond football, I'm interested quite a bit in history. This was of great interest to me.

When you think about it, the old way they used to do military companies, regiments, etc by neighborhoods, or towns was great to entice men to sign up. They got to serve with their mates, brothers, cousins and even dads. The down side, when a unit was decimated in battle (as did happen) a whole village, neighbourhood/family lost all it's men.

In any case, thank you for sharing thst with me.

Had a look online for the story. Thank you! Beyond football, I'm interested quite a bit in history. This was of great interest to me.

When you think about it, the old way they used to do military companies, regiments, etc by neighborhoods, or towns was great to entice men to sign up. They got to serve with their mates, brothers, cousins and even dads. The down side, when a unit was decimated in battle (as did happen) a whole village, neighbourhood/family lost all it's men.

In any case, thank you for sharing thst with me.
The Accrington Pals spring to mind

Not that long ago Wrexham were the best team in Wales, while Cardiff and Swansea were a league below and Newport nowhere to be seen.
Different landscape these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.